Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Paying seminary before our daughters even started!

funkygirl

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:30 pm
I have a question I'm sure all mothers sending their daughters to seminary this coming year have. Why must we start paying the seminary every month from acceptance, when our daughters are only starting seminary 6 months from now? How is this fare? Who came up with this that all seminaries are following this? Don't we have enough bills to pay??? Why are they choking us like this? At what right???

InnerPrincess

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:41 pm
There is another thread on this already

InnerPrincess

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:42 pm
You started a thread yesterday https://www.imamother.com/foru.....50951

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:46 pm
I think the answer has two parts.

1. There is a limited amount of spots available. If a family doesn't put money down to reserve a spot and the seminary holds it on good faith, if the girl changes her mind and goes elsewhere, the seminary is essentially out 25k+.

2. Because seminary is often a one year experience, the seminary has little to no recourse if the family realizes in middle of the year they can't pay. This is unlike regular school which is many years and often with siblings involved where a family is connected to the school for a very long time. If a family can't pay a seminary it will be very hard to collect in the coming year or years. Regular schools have long term relationships with families. Seminaries don't.

chestnut

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 11:11 pm
funkygirl wrote:
I have a question I'm sure all mothers sending their daughters to seminary this coming year have. Why must we start paying the seminary every month from acceptance, when our daughters are only starting seminary 6 months from now? How is this fare? Who came up with this that all seminaries are following this? Don't we have enough bills to pay??? Why are they choking us like this? At what right???

All seminaries are doing it this year?
And how come you're posting about the same thing after your yesterday's long thread?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info