Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Who pays for Wedding Benchers?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:03 pm
Kallah's side?
Chosson's side?
Split the cost?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Kallah's side?
Chosson's side?
Split the cost?

Whichever side wants it.

agreer

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:06 pm
traditionally chosson side.

benny

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:06 pm
I believe standard is choson side.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:07 pm
Typically it’s chosson side

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:08 pm
Chossons side

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:16 pm
Ok! Thank you!

Follow-up:
What if one side wants Ashkenaz benchers and the other side wants Sephardi benchers? Should each side pay for what they want?

mom923

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:26 pm
My sister (ashkenaz) married a sephardi and they got bentchers that had both nusachs. And now we have a sephradi bencher when we need it for guests

essie14

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:34 am
Most of the wedding bentchers we have in our home from various smachot have both sefardi and Ashkenazi bentching.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:43 am
It's easy to get benschers with two or even three nuschaot in them. I don't think there is much difference in price. Much easier to have one benscher containing multiple nuscha'ot, clearly marked, than to have to look through the different options on the table to find the right one.

A lot of weddings I go to don't even have benschers any more. People have so many at home, that's no one wants more. The print a few for Sheva Brachos gor the family, who do value it.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:26 am
If you do decide to print bentchers, I recommend only printing a few per table. After my child's wedding, I saw that many were left behind. Often people use their phones for bentching.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Ok! Thank you!

Follow-up:
What if one side wants Ashkenaz benchers and the other side wants Sephardi benchers? Should each side pay for what they want?

The one who pays decides. Thats might be why it evolved that the chossin buys because ultimately the house is his nusach (though more likelyit csne from FLOPS, snd the chosson paying for non food items)..

But know your crowd. If its very mixed go with the double sections pple are suggesting. If youre the kallahs side you can offer to pay the upgrade cost.

Dont put out seperate bentchers w each nusach.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:06 am
Elfrida wrote:
It's easy to get benschers with two or even three nuschaot in them. I don't think there is much difference in price. Much easier to have one benscher containing multiple nuscha'ot, clearly marked, than to have to look through the different options on the table to find the right one.

A lot of weddings I go to don't even have benschers any more. People have so many at home, that's no one wants more. The print a few for Sheva Brachos gor the family, who do value it.

I chime in, haven't seen benchers for years. It's not appreciated anymore.
In my city there are gmachim for benchers. When I see gmach benchers I think baalei hasimcha did a smart thing.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:05 am
Op here: the place we are using only has a card with both nusachs together, which neither side wants. They want regular benchers. Honestly, I don't have time to research more places. I'm so tired that I just want to be done with details! LOL

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:35 am
amother OP wrote:
Op here: the place we are using only has a card with both nusachs together, which neither side wants. They want regular benchers. Honestly, I don't have time to research more places. I'm so tired that I just want to be done with details! LOL

I know Malchut Waxberger have some benchers/zmirot Shabbos with both nusachs. They have a store in Brooklyn. Check:
mwaxb.co.il

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Kallah's side?
Chosson's side?
Split the cost?

Whoever wants them, pays. If the Kallah wants them & chossen doesn't, you can't make chossen pay.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics