Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Raising boys vs girls

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:41 pm
Do you find boys or girls easier to raise? Are boys really cheaper? Their tuition is more
Expensive, but clothing seems cheaper, tho they eat a lot more! My oldest is jsut a preteen but I definitely feel my boys are a little
Easier. Do you find that once they are Older teens or even twenties and married that you are closer to your girls?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:27 am
I have 2 girls and 3 boys. They are each so completely different that it's impossible to lump then together by gender. I have one son who is literally the easiest person ever. Nice, sweet, kind, straight A's. Does extra schoolwork for fun. Chesed, etc. Another son is so difficult. Went to 5 different schools, won't do a favor for anyone, etc etc.
My daughters are also the complete opposite of each other.
I don't think boys or girls are easier as a general rule.

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:34 am
I also have 3 boys, 2 girls
In my experience boys are easier.
My oldest is only 16, so I don’t have experience with older teens or marrieds. But my girls are just a lot more intense and complicated.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:39 am
So funny. For me my girls are WAY easier. My boys are much more challenging to raise.

(Yes I have teenagers and smaller children.)

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:39 am
Growing up, my brothers were easier to handle than the girls. They are also out of the house so many more hours than the girls. Their school hours are longer and they go to shul on Shabbos where as the girls just sit at home and bicker and are bored.

Girls have all these emotional drama about so many things. Boys might not care about so many of similar details. And eventhough tuition is oftentime more expenive, it doesn't begin to compare to the erev YT or simcha stress of dressing (teenage) girls.

I think it doe so in Gemara that boys are harder to raise than girls.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:50 am
I can’t really weigh in because I have only girls, but I will say that some of these posts are very validating!! My gaggle of girls are awesome but TOUGH!

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:01 am
My boys fight all day. My girls are a pleasure. Though to be fair, my girls are all either too old to really fight much anymore, or too young to have started. My boys come in the middle.

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:30 am
My friends all have boys (under age 5) and I so far have only girls
The stories they share of the things they do are crazy! They get into such trouble my girls would never think of.
My girls play nicely with their dolls and doll house. Their boys don't play, they fight and make messes and ruin things from morning till night

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:37 am
It all depends on the personality not the gender.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:38 am
I have a bunch of girls and one boy. He is tough on me and so often I wonder if it’s just being a boy or if something is wrong with him.
Like wild is normal but…

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:43 am
My sons are amazing young men. I never considered my children like prize puppies and which ones are easier to breed
Every child is different. I cherish each one like the pikadon they are from Hashem.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:47 am
Hi all, I’m a boy mom and I could use chizzuk. They’re super young and mischievous at this point and sometimes I feel like I’m missing out on that girly cutesy side of things.
My boys are bright and with that comes along a dose of difficult so there’s that.
I hear my friends say that girls are harder because of clothes and needs and wants and a major thing they always say is that they talk too much. Can someone explain how that’s a problem?

Giraffe

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:00 am
amother Wheat wrote:
Hi all, I’m a boy mom and I could use chizzuk. They’re super young and mischievous at this point and sometimes I feel like I’m missing out on that girly cutesy side of things.
My boys are bright and with that comes along a dose of difficult so there’s that.
I hear my friends say that girls are harder because of clothes and needs and wants and a major thing they always say is that they talk too much. Can someone explain how that’s a problem?

I barely spoke at all and was forced to talk for the sake of talking.

There is no winning with daughters, I guess.

rmys

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:58 pm
amother Wheat wrote:

are you joking?
it is my biggest problem...
I'll be finished hearing all her speeches and go to the bathroom and I hear mommy...!
they don't stop for a minute!

but I don't find that to be what's harder about girls than boys - for me it's the complication and the drama.

marvinkay

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:17 pm
My girls don’t stop talking! They want to say over every minute of the day!
Boys- 1 word answers lol!

marvinkay

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:18 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
My friends all have boys (under age 5) and I so far have only girls
The stories they share of the things they do are crazy! They get into such trouble my girls would never think of.
My girls play nicely with their dolls and doll house. Their boys don't play, they fight and make messes and ruin things from morning till night

My boys play much nicer than my girls. They set up cars and trucks and trains or building toys keeps them busy for hours.
My girls need me to talk, they need social, much harder time playing alone

giftedmom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:20 pm
Different but not necessarily easier. That’s really dependent on personality.
They are out of the house a lot more but in my case my girls are easier to have at home.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:22 pm
amother Wheat wrote:

No idea. My boys talk just as much. I have one boy that can talk continuously for hours and if anyone else tries to tell me something he will just go louder to be heard. When I sent him away postpartum I told the person taking him he doesn’t need any toys just wants to talk to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics