Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Tell me about Efrat in Israel is it a safe place?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 6:48 pm
What is the population. We are considering visiting Efrat and would like to know. How do we get there from Jerusalem?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 8:05 pm
Bump

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 8:26 pm
I'm sorry I can't help you with safety but I will say that we found it to be one of the most beautiful and peaceful towns in israel.

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 9:48 pm
Efrat is a beautiful place. Of course these are tense times everywhere, but personally I think it is actually safer than the city, where anyone, including Arabs, just walk around free, while Efrat it's surrounded by fences, cameras and a security road patrolled by security and IDF soldiers and only a few Arabs with special permits can come in, usually accompanied at all times by their employers.

The 360 bus goes from binyanei ha'uma (near Central bus Station) to directly to Efrat, every hour or 30 minutes depending on the hour and the ride is approximately 30 minutes, or longer depending on traffic. It is a quick, direct and comfortable bus ride.

Hope this helps.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:08 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Efrat is a beautiful place. Of course these are tense times everywhere, but personally I think it is actually safer than the city, where anyone, including Arabs, just walk around free, while Efrat it's surrounded by fences, cameras and a security road patrolled by security and IDF soldiers and only a few Arabs with special permits can come in, usually accompanied at all times by their employers.

The 360 bus goes from binyanei ha'uma (near Central bus Station) to directly to Efrat, every hour or 30 minutes depending on the hour and the ride is approximately 30 minutes, or longer depending on traffic. It is a quick, direct and comfortable bus ride.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Is it yeshivish or ok for yeshivish kids to visit a family

eta14

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:10 pm
amother OP wrote:

It's not yeshivish at all. It's dati but not charedi. Dati leumi and a lot of American Teaneck type people.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:21 pm
amother OP wrote:

Definitely not yeshivish. I believe Efrat has a rabbah leading a congregation.
Yeshivish kids can visit anyone, find out what hechsherim they hold by and if you can have anything in their house.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:30 pm
amother Lotus wrote:

Hope this helps.

Right now, I believe, many yishuvim are not allowing any arab workers in.

Also there is the 377 bus to jerusalem.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:32 pm
amother OP wrote:

Of course a family can visit. Why ever not?
Its a very mixed community. You have some charedim, dati leumi, masorati (not conservative, but traditional jews) and chiloni. You have it all.

juggling

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:49 pm
amother OP wrote:

Is this a safety question or a religious question?

essie14

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:17 am
What's your purpose in visiting?
Do you know someone who lives there?

ChalieB

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:46 am
Efrat is fine. Like people said above, it's safe, no one will bother you. It's not an exciting tourism city, but if you're visiting people there are restaurants and nice parks and whatnot.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:16 am
I have relatives there, whom I have no qualms about going to visit. (Time is another matter.)

I think they use bullet proof buses on that route whenever necessary.

Gush Etzion is a beautiful part of the country.

Efrat is a normal Dati yishuv/town. We have at least one member of the board who lives there, so I'll let her give the details.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 5:27 am
I live in Efrat so I think I'm qualified to answer. Most of Efrat is Dati Leumi from one end of that spectrum to the other. There are a number of people who lean more chareidi and some more traditional. There are definitely plenty of yeshivish people who come to visit or come for a shabbos. I don't see why you would feel uncomfortable. The people here are so nice, it's a warm and welcoming yishuv. There are shuls in every neighborhood where a yeshivish person could feel comfortable (yes one shul is led by a Rabba and there are also plenty of other shuls) to catch a mincha minyan or daven on shabbos.

The nechama bakery in the new Efrat Center in the Zayit is badatz. I don't know about any other badatz places but there's lots of mehadrin gush etzion which is very serious.

Also, Efrat has plenty of tourist entertainment. There's a beautiful small hike in the Dagan neighborhood which is entirely inside the yishuv, which has parts where you can see the ancient aqueducts that led to Yerushalayim and also trees of the Shivat haminim.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 5:51 am
Whats a rabbah

Elfrida

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 5:58 am
amother Currant wrote:
Whats a rabbah

Open a spin off. It will get controversial, and detract from the purpose of this thread.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:32 am
amother Currant wrote:
Whats a rabbah

It looks like it’s a woman rabbi

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
It looks like it’s a woman rabbi
A dati female spiritual leader.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:52 pm
Right now, probably safer then jerusalem, which one of the more dangerous parts of the country, especially during Ramadan

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 4:06 pm
We live Beitar Illit a charedi city in The Gush very close to Efrat. I have taken my kids there when I needed to and visited friends that live there etc. if you are talking about sending yeshiva/seminary students for shabbos they should just mention to their hosts what hecsherim they eat. 99% of people have no problem accommodating a guest with different standards. Because there are so many hecsherim in Israel it is normal for people to eat different ones. If your concern is dress I would rather take my kids to Efrat then downtown Jerusalem. Efrat is Dati and the majority of people are dressed tznius. (much more then you would see in the streets of Jerusalem!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics