Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Florida?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 12:00 am
Hi, Dh and I are looking for a place that meets the following criteria-wondering what options there are:
1- affordable compared to lakewood. We own here but would sell and buy elsewhere for an even wash
2- nice weather
3- infrastructure available (jobs, groceries, stores, good doctors, help for special needs kids etc)
4-young couples, in mid twenties to mid thirties.
5-not too “out of towny” crowd
I’ve heard about Boca and North Miami Beach but don’t know much about them. Any insight?

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 12:07 am
Red states like Florida are not known for their special needs services. Yahalom has a Florida branch. I would reach out to them and talk to them about what your options are.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 12:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi, Dh and I are looking for a place that meets the following criteria-wondering what options there are:
1- affordable compared to lakewood. We own here but would sell and buy elsewhere for an even wash
Means nothing. There are mega-mansions and slums in Lakewood. Can you give a price range?
2- nice weather
Winter is lovely. The rest is hot. Summer unbearably so.
3- infrastructure available (jobs, groceries, stores, good doctors, help for special needs kids etc)
[color=Font Color]Many choices from Miami Beach up to Boca with lots in between. Special needs schools and services are lacking though to be honest.[/color]
Same as #3
Again, same as #3
I’ve heard about Boca and North Miami Beach but don’t know much about them. Any insight?
[color=Font Color] [/color][color=Font Color] [/color]

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 6:55 am
amother OP wrote:
2- nice weather

You'd be moving out of town. Florida is out of towny, BH.

South Florida doesn't have a change of seasons. It's hot for most of the year. Winter does not last for a full season. It can be disgustingly hot even in December. You might want to look up the average temperature by month.

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:40 am
amother OP wrote:
2- nice weather

Echoing what the others said. If there are any places in FL that are more affordable than Lakewood, they are tiny, up and coming communities, not places with large infrastructure.

The weather is nice for a few months of the year. The rest of the year is very hot and humid, which bothers some people more than others.

There are extremely limited services for sn kids. Many families move out of Florida for this reason. Jobs will depend on the industry.

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:15 am
Cost of living in Florida is very very high

Everything is more expensive there

What about Houston?

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:17 am
I live in NMB. Love it here bh! The crowd is the right age range you are looking for and I think OOT-ness. It has the out of town pace of life but a decent infrastructure. Honestly, it is not affordable compared to Lakewood. The cost of living here is really high! Housing market is terrible, food prices are insanely high, and services are costly. We are a republican state = less free stuff and services.

Just for a housing perspective in NMB, a long term rental is 3700-4500 per month, for a 3-4 bedroom with no basement or second floor. To buy you need 850k-1.5m and you don’t get a beautiful finished large home. The people and community here is truly wonderful, but I don’t think it will necessarily meet your needs.

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 9:08 am
Op we are stuck in Lakewood for the same reasons. We own a home here and would move somewhere nicer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating