Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby flips over at 3 weeks

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:32 am
I am trying to give my baby tummy time but whenever I put her down on her stomach she turns her head and kicks her feet and is on her back in 30 seconds every time. Google scares me that this could be a problem with infant reflexes and chas vshalom mean neurological issues or cerebral palsy. Does anyone have any experience with this? She's a very big strong baby. And how can I get her some tummy time so she can work on her neck muscles?

mommyhood

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:37 am
All my babies did this and they’re healthy neurotypical children bH. I just put them down on their stomachs and if they flipped over so be it. I’m a big believer in tummy time but I couldn’t force them to stay that way and they met their milestones just fine.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:53 am
My nephew started rolling over at that age, as well. He’s perfectly healthy and has no issues

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:00 am
Some of my babies also did that. Bh they're healthy kids that reached their milestones on time. They also stopped doing it at a certain point & stayed on their stomach.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:02 am
I don't know anything at all regarding your actual question, but about babies not wanting to do tummy time in general - I relied a lot on "tummy time" in the baby carrier which I'd read counts if baby is awake since they're moving moving their head around. Also laying tummy down on top of me at night with me interacting so she wasn't bored.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics