Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
At what age did you implement tsnious?
Previous  1  2

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 12:05 pm
My daughter is in a JPF school and camp. I am more heimish , but want her to feel comfortable amongst her peers .

We started tznius sensitivity already when she was 3/4 , no running around undressed at home. Not even in underwear .

She wore pants until she started kindergarten at age 4, but by the time we reached that point she was already used to skirts and dresses only . We did a slow merging from 3 to 4.

She still will wear short sleeves and short socks this summer even though she’s turning 6. I told her that we will also start wearing 3/4 sleeves in the summer to start getting used to it. I like easing her into the changes slowly that it comes to the point where she herself chooses the extra sensitivity on her own.

We will be more careful to wear skirts that hit her knee or are below the knee . She’s very tall and looks older than she is.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 9:51 pm
I use my kids school rules as a guideline. There's no uniform until first grade. For nursery, it xan be short sleeves and skirts and short socks. By kindergarten, they need to cover elbows and wear knee socks. Wearing shorter skirts isn't an issue that's mentioned as long as it isn't mini. By pre1a, they want longer skirts too.
First grade has uniform and they need to wear tights. So in schools it's for sure tights but in the summer I let them choose after first grade if they want knee socks. All my kids so far chose knee socks after first but after second they wanted tights already even through the summer

amother
Jean

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 10:09 pm
Why is it almost unanimous that 3 is no pants? I feel like it’s still so little. My daughter is 2 I can’t imagine only putting her in skirts next year
My mother definitely dressed me tzniusly from then but I just don’t really get it

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 10:16 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Why is it almost unanimous that 3 is no pants? I feel like it’s still so little. My daughter is 2 I can’t imagine only putting her in skirts next year
My mother definitely dressed me tzniusly from then but I just don’t really get it

So funny cuz I always had the same question. I wouldn't put a 3 year old in pants because its so completely not accepted in my community, even among the most modern.
But I never really understood why. Surely beged ish is less serious than tznius, no?
(BTW - adults are the same. There are frum people I know who wear very short skirts and short sleeves, but of course they'd never wear pants. It's interesting to me.)

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:21 pm
amother Jean wrote:

I'm responding to the bolded. Please no skirts at that age ONLY DRESSES and maybe jumpers.
they are way to young to handle skirts and be neat-looking.

amother
Mocha

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:45 pm
My daughter will be turning 3 this summer and will definitely still be wearing sleeveless summer dresses and shorts. She is absolutely tiny.

I imagine when she starts school (6?) we'll start thinking about going all skirts.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics