Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Kosher tablet?

lavenderchimes

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 5:36 pm
We currently have an Amazon Fire tablet for our now 4yo, which he watches for limited amounts of time when we really need it, like when we are both in meetings (from home). But I am getting to the point where I don't want him watching Blippi and Paw Patrol and whatever is available via the built in parental filter.

I want him to watch more Jewish content. But the Fire tablet doesn't let many apps past the filter. Plus there are platform compatibility issues?

I am looking for options. Is there a way to make it work with the Fire tablet? To further limit secular and add more Jewish content?

Or is there another type of more kosherable tablet? We've had this a few years, it wouldn't be unreasonable to buy something new, but I would want to be sure that it was viable in the long run.

I know lots of parents let their kids on their phone or laptop, but he's just too little and too into buttons for that to be a safe & viable choice😂

For those who think kids should have no screen time - I agree with you! And we try to keep it to a minimum. But we need it at times to make our life work right now.

Please help❣️😊

Layokee

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 9:50 pm
DB electronics sells jfrog. I am not too familiar with it but you should check it out

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 10:37 pm
Layokee wrote:
DB electronics sells jfrog. I am not too familiar with it but you should check it out

Jfrog is a locked device. You can't load anything on to it.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Apr 06 2024, 11:45 pm
hi did you get any smarter on this? we'll be traveling with little kids and looking for a tablet that would be suitable for them ..

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 12:09 am
I have a regular Apple tablet. I tagged it. It has toveedo & 24/6 on it. That’s all. There’s enough content to
Keep a 4 yrs old entertained & no
Worries what they watch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics