Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Iso new oven!

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:03 pm
Our oven just died! It is very old, but still...
I would appreciate recommendations for an oven with Shabbos mode (not Shabbos keeper unless you can shut off that feature for yom tov & just use regular Shabbos mode so the oven temperature can be adjusted, for Shabbos I think it would be good) I'm used to GE, but I would take any recommendations, tia!

grilledcheese

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:08 pm
Look into Zanussi/Electrolux/whatever local équivalent is. I have an Electrolux and I really like it, my grandmother in EY just got Zanussi (different brand name for different regions) and she also likes it

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:17 pm
grilledcheese wrote:
Look into Zanussi/Electrolux/whatever local équivalent is. I have an Electrolux and I really like it, my grandmother in EY just got Zanussi (different brand name for different regions) and she also likes it

Ty, what do you like about them?

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 3:18 pm
Also, where do you find has the best prices in New York area?

grilledcheese

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 1:53 am
blueberrypie wrote:
Ty, what do you like about them?

I love the steam bake setting, I use it a lot, it has a compartment to put a bit of water. I wasn't used to having ovens with lots of settings, but I use basically all of them regularly. I haven't even touched the air fryer and will probably end up getting rid of it since I got an Electrolux. Also heats up very quickly, if I'm roasting tomatoes to make sauce, it's always heated up before I'm even done cutting them. Self clean feature also works like a charm! My grandmother got an oven/microwave set, and the microwave can function basically like an oven; even has a broil setting, she even heated up a rotisserie chicken with it and it tasted nice and crispy the same as if it was put it in the oven.

As for where to buy it in NY, can't help as I'm in France, sorry!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 4:38 am
I have a Samsung and love it. There's a fifth middle burner with a griddle, time bake, convection (not all models have that)...

blueberrypie

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 4:44 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I have a Samsung and love it. There's a fifth middle burner with a griddle, time bake, convection (not all models have that)...

Ty, and the Shabbos mode?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 5:30 am
blueberrypie wrote:
Ty, and the Shabbos mode?

There's an override to auto shutoff that needs to be set and that stays on permanently. Then every Shabbos, I push the 2 buttons that turn on Shabbos mode that disables the display and oven light. On Shabbos, it's obviously off but on YT, I can leave it on with Shabbos mode. It works to adjust temperature if your rav allows it for YT when on Shabbos mode even though you can't see it on the screen.

new oldie

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 6:48 am
I have a ge with convection bake, steam clean, etc. I’d get the Shabbos keeper-you plug until and it turns on automatically so you can bake on Chagim and also you don’t have to set the Shabbos mode every week. Or I’d get wall ovens with a manual dial and a Shabbos mode. Like this https://www.compactappliance.c......html

Undefined

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:11 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

I'm bumping this back up cuz I'm also looking for an oven. Can you please share which model Samsung you have? And you still haven't had any problems with it? Tia

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:39 pm
BA"H no repairs needed thus far
Not sure this exact model is still at Costco, but this was from my order email
Samsung 5.8 CuFt GAS Range with Convection Cooking in Stainless Steel
Item # ‌1095872‌
Got it in December 2019
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars