Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Survey Sites
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:45 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
It’s 100% worth fighting because it’s probably your only chance to get back on the site. They really may give you a second chance if you try. I’m active on prolific’s subreddit and there really is potential for them to be nice and return it to you because you asked politely, or for you to overturn the rejection if the attention check wasn’t per prolific’s rules. It’s happened to many people. It’s really worth messaging them.

How do I phrase the message? Do I just admit I was wrong and apologize?

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:

I’m not sure because I’ve never done this myself. I’ll try finding threads on Reddit with success stories so I can see what works well tonight, have to work now.

Key is to be very polite and respectful. I would start by asking what attention check you missed. Maybe ask them to return it as part of that first message too.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:10 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
I’m not sure because I’ve never done this myself. I’ll try finding threads on Reddit with success stories so I can see what works well tonight, have to work now.

Key is to be very polite and respectful. I would start by asking what attention check you missed. Maybe ask them to return it as part of that first message too.

How long would you say it took you to Get approved? I see that I applied already in November.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
How long would you say it took you to Get approved? I see that I applied already in November.

I applied in early November and got accepted a few days later. Who they accept varies based on the demographics they’re looking for. I’m a married female in my mid twenties in the Northeast US, I guess they wanted that then.

I’m sorry, it’s really frustrating. I’ve heard of people applying under a different email address and getting accepted after being on the wish list for a long time.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:35 pm
I'm still on the waitlist from November too- any way to bump it up?

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:36 pm
I was on a survey site for a while and used to get surveys often - made about $15 a month I think, for about 2 years. Then all of a sudden there stopped being any surveys available. I dont know why. I dont recall what site it was offhand, but it required answering many questions each time.
I just answered one last week and got a call back within a few hours, to tell me I was on shortlist for the wait list! They wanted to verify my answers over the phone, but I never heard back from them after that. I believe they are very specific criteria for most of these and there a lot of people (in similar demographic) all clamoring for the same few spots!

amother
Currant

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:43 pm
I just went onto the prolific waiting list and got accepted a minute later

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:24 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
I'm still on the waitlist from November too- any way to bump it up?

I just applied again with a different email address and got accepted.

The only thing I changed was I input my political affiliation.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:28 pm

I did some research. If I were you, I would apologize and explain that you’re very new to the site and are still learning the ropes. You really regret the mistake you made. You will likely be thrown off the platform because of this rejection. You’d be so appreciative if they would please unreject the study and put it back in “awaiting review” status so that you could return it instead of having it rejected. You’re taking this as a learning experience and will be so careful going forward.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:32 pm
Congrats to those of you who got accepted! I find it such a fun paid hobby to complete surveys and participate in studies. Lately there have been studies asking my views on Israel vs Gaza and I really like being able to be a pro Israel voice.

Please be careful and detail oriented especially in the beginning because one rejection is enough to get you removed from the site if you don’t have enough approvals to counteract it.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 2:30 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
I did some research. If I were you, I would apologize and explain that you’re very new to the site and are still learning the ropes. You really regret the mistake you made. You will likely be thrown off the platform because of this rejection. You’d be so appreciative if they would please unreject the study and put it back in “awaiting review” status so that you could return it instead of having it rejected. You’re taking this as a learning experience and will be so careful going forward.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out! I just saw it now and didn't send it yet because now I am confused-

I logged onto prolific onto my phone (without wifi) and there were tons of studies! But when I log on my computer using wifi it says "waiting for studies." I even did one study on my phone. However, using my phone is not a good option because I have very little data, and most studies require a computer anyway.

What do you suggest I do now?

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:09 pm
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out! I just saw it now and didn't send it yet because now I am confused-

I logged onto prolific onto my phone (without wifi) and there were tons of studies! But when I log on my computer using wifi it says "waiting for studies." I even did one study on my phone. However, using my phone is not a good option because I have very little data, and most studies require a computer anyway.

I can’t use my wifi I emailed them and they said they can’t do anything about it. So I use a hot spot from my phone.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:11 pm
You do not get kicked off so fast. Their software does block many WiFi’s for no reason and many have trouble with that. In that case maybe work from a cafe or the library or somewhere with free wifi. They told me they can’t fix it. I have unlimited data so I can just use my hotspot.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:15 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
I can’t use my wifi I emailed them and they said they can’t do anything about it. So I use a hot spot from my phone.

I think the problem is that my wifi was flagged because one survey was rejected.

I'm not so tech savvy...does using hotspot use up the data on my phone? I only have 2 GB and I need to save it for things like uber.
Also I don't know how to connect my laptop to hotspot

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:17 pm
I think the problem is that my wifi was flagged because one survey was rejected.

I'm not so tech savvy...does using hotspot use up the data on my phone? I only have 2 GB and I need to save it for things like uber.
Also I don't know how to connect my laptop to hotspot

I had many rejected but most were approved. I do so many that my ratio is 95% approved. I had issues with my WiFi from day 1 before I took any surveys. You are not flagged for rejection that’s incorrect. It’s not how it works. 1 rejection is nothing.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:21 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
I had many rejected but most were approved. I do so many that my ratio is 95% approved. I had issues with my WiFi from day 1 before I took any surveys. You are not flagged for rejection that’s incorrect. It’s not how it works. 1 rejection is nothing.

When starting out on the site, if you get a rejection, you can easily get thrown off the site. If you’ve only done 9 surveys and 1 gets rejected, that’s a 88.9% ratio and you’re thrown off. So it’s not accurate to say that 1 rejection is nothing. It’s a big deal when you’re new on the site.

If bluebonnet gets another rejection, it might cause a ratio under 90%. I still think she should try asking the researcher to return the survey so that she’s safer.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:23 pm

This is a common issue although I’ve never had it on my home WiFi. Public WiFi tends to cause this issue for me. It has nothing to do with rejections.

You can message prolific to ask what the issue is and they’ll let you know, there may be ways to fix it.

Another option is to accept a survey on your phone using data, then switch to using WiFi to complete the survey. That should work but if you only have 2 gb of data then I don’t know if you want to use any of it for this.

Are you using a vpn on your computer? They don’t allow you to use a vpn.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:24 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
When starting out on the site, if you get a rejection, you can easily get thrown off the site. If you’ve only done 9 surveys and 1 gets rejected, that’s a 88.9% ratio and you’re thrown off. So it’s not accurate to say that 1 rejection is nothing. It’s a big deal when you’re new on the site.

I think they realize sometimes it takes getting used to. From my research a rejection in the beginning is normal and part of the learning curve and won’t flag her. They do randomly flag wifi I spoke to them about it. Did you speak to anyone there or you are just assuming?

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:26 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
I think they realize sometimes it takes getting used to. From my research a rejection in the beginning is normal and part of the learning curve and won’t flag her. They do randomly flag wifi I spoke to them about it. Did you speak to anyone there or you are just assuming?

I’ve seen Reddit threads in which people were thrown off the site early on due to getting rejections. The ratio is all that counts from what I’ve seen.

Researchers can also limit who can complete their survey by the ratio of rejections so it’s best to keep your rejections to a minimum even if it doesn’t get you kicked off the site.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 3:34 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
I’ve seen many Reddit threads in which people were thrown off the site early on due to getting rejections. The ratio is all that counts from what I’ve seen.

Yeah later the ratio counts. They don’t count ratios the first two weeks. Also Reddit is not real life you need to take it all with a grain of salt. Like I said I spoke to them, they told me it’s very sensitive and thinks WiFi is an issue when it’s not. And since she can get on off WiFi it proves that it’s what I’m talking about.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics