Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning Help
Previous  1  2

How much do you pay your cleaning lady?
$15 per hour  
 19%  [ 68 ]
$16 per hour  
 10%  [ 39 ]
$17 per hour  
 10%  [ 39 ]
$18+  
 36%  [ 129 ]
I dont have a cleaning lady  
 22%  [ 80 ]
Total Votes : 355

marvinkay

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 3:07 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
My cleaning lady is at my house 8-9 hours usually. She cleans my whole house, washes floors, fridge, freezer, stoves. Washes and folds all laundry. It takes a lot of time. My house is 5 bedrooms/4 full bathrooms.

I give her different deep cleaning stuff most weeks.

I like when they do my whole house and I feel it was done as opposed to less time more days where they do the same stuff over and over.

What deep cleaning jobs do you rotate? I’m not good with that!

amother
Valerian

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 8:43 pm
$20/ hour 6hr/day 4x/week.
She just left me till after pesach Crying Crying Crying At wits end At wits end At wits end

mandr

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 9:52 pm
20 hours a week and I pay $250 for the week. So about 12.50/hr. Some of the time she is “nannying” but like 3/4 of the time is actual cleaning and laundry.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 10:13 pm
I pay a set price of $80 for one morning a week. It's usually somewhere between 4 and 5 hours.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 10:23 pm
mandr wrote:
20 hours a week and I pay $250 for the week. So about 12.50/hr. Some of the time she is “nannying” but like 3/4 of the time is actual cleaning and laundry.

Where do you live? That's a great price...

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Mar 16 2024, 10:26 pm
chestnut wrote:
This isn't hard, especially if the house is big. My question is, what do they do 6h/day, 5 days/week?

Like someone answered me many years ago: "you know on your dish rack, there's dishes drying , there she dries it and put it back in the closet! "
I totally could use so many hours!!!
My kids know that if we ever win big at the lottery the first thing I'll do is get daily cleaning help!! LOL

mandr

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 6:56 am
amother Babypink wrote:
Where do you live? That's a great price...

One of the hamlets in Rockland county lol

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:55 am
Just got a cleaning lady for the first time. Amazing price - about $13.50/hour - but she isn't great with deep cleaning. I'm just happy I found anyone altogether though, so hard to find. She's really sweet and trustworthy. What kinds of jobs besides deep cleaning do you give your cleaning lady?

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 4:00 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Just got a cleaning lady for the first time. Amazing price - about $13.50/hour - but she isn't great with deep cleaning. I'm just happy I found anyone altogether though, so hard to find. She's really sweet and trustworthy. What kinds of jobs besides deep cleaning do you give your cleaning lady?

I let her organize my pantry every other week, cut up my vegetables for dinner and Shabbos, grate my cheese and potatoes for kugel, organize my toys and clothing drawers, clean outside etc.

bp1234

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 4:07 pm
$17 per hour
18 hours per week

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 4:17 pm
17/ hour, 8 hrs a week.
She's here twice a week, 4 hours each. It's always basic cleaning and folding laundry plus some extra like inside fridge, linen, oven.... before pesach I could really use more

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:31 pm
$70 a weekly visit, Lakewood. She cleans my house (4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, 2 rooms of linen changing each week. but not laundry. It’s not hourly so whenever it gets done she leaves. I always bad experience with hourly. I felt like I was paying tons and hardly anything got done cuz they had no drive to complete the job.

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:30 pm
In Israel ( Beit Shemesh) the going rate is 70 shekels/hr which is nearly $20/hr. ) plus transportation.
I do not have a cleaning lady.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry