Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Who takes care of dd with fever in seminary?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 5:52 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
But girls start there age 15/16, and Gateshead has very little other resources so if you need a doctor then Mrs Roberts has to call them. Much younger demographic. And Mrs Roberts is super unique and special. You don't get someone like her in any random sem, not even in Gateshead new.

Point is, it's possible.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:08 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
My son had a medical emergency and the Yeshiva was very involved, a Rebbe went and stayed with him at the hospital all day, checked up on him constantly etc.

Shame on the seminary if there isn’t proper concern for a girl that is sick. They are responsible for them for the year.

There's a difference between a medical emergency and having a common cold, right?

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:44 am
I don't know how many threads we will have before americans wake up and realize there is no justification for the money they are pouring into the seminary scam/business model.
As much as I am an Israeli and think that tourism money is great. This really has to stop.
Not sure why everybody keeps on bringing up marriage.
I am a normal married women and just recovered from pneumonia. DH went to work each day but made sure I had tea before he left, tons of water, reading material and meds within reach and put up many pots of soup for me (and fed the kids.)
He also stayed home from work one day when I was burning up with fever.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 8:45 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
There's a difference between a medical emergency and having a common cold, right?

And then there are things in between. There's a difference between sniffling and coughing and being in bed with high fever, plus very possibly bodyaches, headache, etc.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:16 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
eerily similar.

I'm surprised there are only two. This thread is making me so mad... didn't go to seminary in Israel and my daughters aren't old enough. But basic mentshlichkeit should be that if a girl is sick, someone from the hanhalah should be checking up on her. And yes, as an adult I would check on my husband, he would check on me. And our seminaries should do better, even if colleges don't care.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:33 am
All my daughters have gone to the same sem, the Eim Bayit is always available for the girls when they are sick. She has helped all of them and all the girls that need help. Yes they do need friends to help them too, one of my daughters had to go to Terem and a friend went with her but she's always on top of the situation and give them advice where to go, which doctor. When it's more serious then she or someone else on staff will accompany the girl. Yes, it still is a growth process not having your parents there but they are in a foreign country and really do need advice and support.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:34 am
When I was in seminary over 2 decades ago, I had the flu. Other than the aim bayit coming to do her rounds (on room cleanliness) and checking up on me during her round, nobody took care of me. I made sure I drank and if I didn't have energy to go down to the dining room, I didn't eat.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:39 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

Even after he was better and back in Yeshiva, he was checked on multiple times during the day, and yes, his Rebbes wife made him soup.

I’m not sure why there are people here saying the Hanhala should be doing the bare minimum. To be honest, it’s pretty pathetic.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info