Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Do you cosleep with your baby?
Previous  1  2

Do you cosleep with your baby?
Yes  
 45%  [ 77 ]
No  
 33%  [ 57 ]
Sometimes  
 20%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 169

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:47 pm
Co- slept with every one of my babies. Best thing!

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:48 pm
I’ve done it out of desperation with newborns who wouldn’t sleep otherwise. It was terrible. I was so happy when I got to sleep alone again.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:52 pm
I voted yes but really I do a hybrid. I put baby to bed in a bedside bassinet, then I get ready for bed and go to bed by myself. When baby wakes up for his first feed, I take him into my bed and we nurse/cosleep the rest of the night.

This balance is what works best for me and my husband.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 10:02 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
I voted yes but really I do a hybrid. I put baby to bed in a bedside bassinet, then I get ready for bed and go to bed by myself. When baby wakes up for his first feed, I take him into my bed and we nurse/cosleep the rest of the night.

This balance is what works best for me and my husband.

I do the exact same

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:06 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
I do the exact same

Cool! Don't know why I thought it was just me.

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:09 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Cool! Don't know why I thought it was just me.

Me too! But really I like having my space so if I happen to wake up and baby is sleeping deeply I’ll move him back to the bassinet.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 12:01 am
Yes, with all of them. They are still in the family bed.

I only get a backache if the baby/kid sleeps on ny belly. I only let them do that if I can't get them to sleep otherwise, then I move them next to me once they are asleep.

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 1:09 am
My babies all started out the night in a dock a tot in a crib and then once I'm in bed I nurse them and bring the dock a tot into my bed or they lay next to me with my arm curled around them.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 1:18 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
My babies all started out the night in a dock a tot in a crib and then once I'm in bed I nurse them and bring the dock a tot into my bed or they lay next to me with my arm curled around them.

The dock a tot has had stories of babies sids deaths. It's really not safe.
I don't breastfeed but I still don't get how people can co sleep with their baby in their bed. I wouldn't sleep for a minute I would be so nervous. There's nothing with them in the crib but in the bed there's pillows and blankets... Esp if their moving around like my 7 month old does

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:48 am
I coslept with all 7 of my kids as needed. Meaning for most of them, every night. A couple of my kids were okay in the crib most of the time.

Whoever asked if we are scared of suffocating the baby- I am usually not. But when my current baby was born, she was tiny and I was petrified she would get lost on my bed. But there were only 3 options: 1- Let her scream in the bassinet
2- Hold her and stay awake 24/7, or
3- Hold her and sleep with her.

Options 1 and 2 were not possible, so I chose 3, the only option left. When you have a kid who will never stay asleep when you put her down, there is no choice.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:59 am
All of my babies started off the night in the crib and when I opened my eyes in the morning they were mysteriously in my bed Very Happy

But I absolutely love it, such a bonding feeling.

My 3 year old baby still cosleeps with me the second half of the night.

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:03 am
amother Begonia wrote:
The dock a tot has had stories of babies sids deaths. It's really not safe.
I don't breastfeed but I still don't get how people can co sleep with their baby in their bed. I wouldn't sleep for a minute I would be so nervous. There's nothing with them in the crib but in the bed there's pillows and blankets... Esp if their moving around like my 7 month old does

When my baby slept in the crib I would wake up in panic every so often and check if he's okay. Now if he just coughs it wakes me up. It might not been ideal and it's definitely not for everyone. But for me it works beyond amazingly and I'm not afraid because I am not sleeping deeply.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:08 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Are none of you afraid of suffocating your babies during the night ch"v?

All those stories were from mom's who were drinking or on drugs.

I dropped my newborn baby twice, once when he was threw days old because I fell asleep while nursing, sitting up in my bed.

When I cosleep with small babies I don't use a blanket and any extra pillows.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:48 am
I used to start with the baby in a basinet next to my bed. But when they woke up for a night feeding, I'd latch them and go back to sleep. ( I had c-sections, where I woke up in pain in order to roll over, so I wasn't afraid of rolling onto my baby. By the time I healed enough to roll over, I had been conditioned and wasn't worried.) If I woke up at a later point, I'd put them back in the basinet.

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:50 am
It's not talked about because people just scream danger, but there are also risks to having a severely sleep deprived caregiver. Much better to teach people how to bedshare safely than to yell NEVER EVER. I don't even like it, I really crave my space at night, but all of my babies needed it for at least some period of time, so I did it. It was that, or severe sleep deprivation that would not have been good for anyone. However, I did try to transition them to cribs as soon as I could. My shortest time of needing to bedshare was 4 months, longest time 9 months, but we got there in the end. I do keep the baby in my room for at least 6 months regardless of if they're in my bed or not.

elusivity

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 3:06 pm
Never, I routine my babies from the hospital and they sleep through the night from 3 weeks or so - 7pm till 7am with a dream feed at 11pm
If I have to feed them in the night (like if they're gonig through a growth spurt), I take them in my bed and put them back when the feed is done
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics