Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Calling all trend followers - shoe edition

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:01 am
Hi ladies, I am getting ready to shop for footwear for my girls and need your help. Apparently my girls think I am clueless about trends (because I am) but they want to know what is on trend, so we started trying to do our homework. I googled "shoe trends summer 2024" and found a lot of articles, videos, etc with info. The problem is that there are so many thoughts and ideas that I am feeling overwhelmed! Can someone who really GETS it break it down for me, please.
Sneakers for example - Looks like the super chunky lifestyle sneaker is out, I do see chunky but more in a running style. Looks like low adidas/pumas are back (with brown sole?)...but there is so much more, I feel like I can't quite know what will be trendy in the BY/yeshivish teen world.

Shopping for weekday and shabbos for DDs 11, 14, 16, 18. They don't need t be ahead of the times in their trends, but want what the girls who "know" will have, especially for camp.

Also, DD 18 will be off to sem next year - are the super chunky vince going out? f so, what will be THE shoe?

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:25 am
World trends in fashion dont necessarily match up with frum teenage fashion.

Sneakers- seems like the new balance 327 or 237 are very “in” with girls these days

Take your girls to frum trendy stores and let them see what they are showing. Get a good salesperson who will be honest and help you navigate. Listen to your girls opinions and let them pick things they like. Sometimes when you try to be ahead of the game but have no clue what you’re doing you can end up going backwards.

dena613

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:37 am
Look at frum shoe websites

bsy

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:41 am
Does anyone else find it hysterical that clunky bubby sneakers are considered trendy? I don't think I'll ever be able to put those on. Same as fanny packs.....

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:45 am
bsy wrote:
Does anyone else find it hysterical that clunky bubby sneakers are considered trendy? I don't think I'll ever be able to put those on. Same as fanny packs.....

You know, I always say that with every new trend and most of the time they eventually grow on me.

Signed,
One who said she would never get a pair of clunky moccasins and is wearing them right now, whilst looking at her chunky bubby sneakers on the shoe rack that she wears when she is not wearing vher moccasins.

bsy

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:48 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
You know, I always say that with every new trend and most of the time they eventually grow on me.

Signed,
One who said she would never get a pair of clunky moccasins and is wearing them right now, whilst looking at her chunky bubby sneakers on the shoe rack that she wears when she is not wearing vher moccasins.

Well, fanny packs never grew on me. Neither did chunky loafers. So I'm gonna bet I wont be wearing bubby sneakers

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:49 am
bsy wrote:
Well, fanny packs never grew on me. Neither did chunky loafers. So I'm gonna bet I wont be wearing bubby sneakers

Gotta agree with you about the fanny packs.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:56 am
Thank you - yes, I did see bubby sneakers and can't understand it! The teens will wear those?

the newbalance posted above - what colors are the girls going to wear in the summer?

Right, I know frum teen fashion will differ, that's why I am hear picking your trendy brains. I do not live in a place with frum shoe stores, so I am buying online. I looked at frum websites, so I think I have more of a handle on shabbos (I think, though really not sure), but they don;t carry the regular sneakers etc.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 7:57 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
Gotta agree with you about the fanny packs.

Difference is the young cool folk wear their Fanny on their b- - bs

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:09 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Difference is the young cool folk wear their Fanny on their b- - bs

Exactly why I don't like 'em

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 5:20 am
bump for more thoughts. I am so not in touch with these things but my girls want to be. Help...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 11:53 am
if I want to look at frum sites like suggested above which would be good ones?

aaa2

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:20 pm
https://stepinelegance.com/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:35 am
Thanks! great for mu older ones, but looks too mature for pre-teens. what sites to check out for them? Or specific ideas of shoes?

amother
Bone

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:36 am
https://halshoesny.com/

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:38 am
I am seeing a lot of bright colored shoes and sneakers. Bright pink, grass green, sunshine yellow.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 5:45 am
For sneakers "on cloud" is very in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 10:14 am
thanks for the link.

I just looked up on cloud sneakers, what age range is this for? (very cool, but the price!!! Surprised )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics