Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need Ideas for a 2-3 day trip with DH

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:45 pm
Hi everyone!

I recently had a baby (#2) and DH and I were discussing how nice it would be to get away for a few days. Hopefully my mom will babysit while we're gone.

We live in the Lakewood area, but would be willing to drive a few hours in any direction. We'd also be fine taking a shortish flight to a nice destination (Not hawaii/europe/israel, thats too far) but I thought maybe the Bahamas would be nice - except now there is some kind of travel warning so I guess that's no longer an option.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear!

Preferably somewhere nice/quiet/with a nice sunset (which is why I originally thought about the Bahamas...), nothing too touristy like spending the night in a hotel in NYC (we know couples who love doing that, but it's not our cup of tea).

Eta:
We probably can't do this trip now, but perhaps after pesach may/June time.

doctorima

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 6:56 pm
Deal is the go-to getaway these days from Lakewood, and Cancun is a popular direct flight. And you can never go wrong with Florida.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:10 pm
doctorima wrote:
Deal is the go-to getaway these days from Lakewood, and Cancun is a popular direct flight. And you can never go wrong with Florida.

Yeah I've been hearing about deal a lot. Seems there are lots of nice kosher restaurants there (though dh and I are both on diets and won't likely be eating out).

Besides for restaurants is there anything else exciting there? Nice ocean sunsets?

Thanks for the ideas. We've never been to FL so that's definitely a nice option

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:12 pm
Florida sounds like a great option

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:16 pm
Florida
It’s not high season now

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:17 pm
Jacksonville Florida. There’s kosher food plus a nice ride to Georgia

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:18 pm
If you don’t want to fly, Poconos might be a great option. We just did that, since we couldn’t afford a whole official vacation right now, and we only had 2 nights to get away.
It ended up being so beautiful! We went Snowtubing at camelback and then went to the spa at kalahari.
We rented an air bnb with an outdoor hot tub. It was just so nice cozy and romantic .
(We did bring along our own food though since there aren’t any kosher restaurants)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:19 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Jacksonville Florida. There’s kosher food plus a nice ride to Georgia

Cool! Anything fun to do in Georgia? Been to Atlanta but wouldn't want to go again

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:20 pm
amother Currant wrote:
Florida
It’s not high season now

Actually we probably won't be able to to until after pesach like May or June time. How is it then? If it's humid and sticky I'd probably nix it

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Actually we probably won't be able to to until after pesach like May or June time. How is it then? If it's humid and sticky I'd probably nix it

If you don’t like hot and sticky, that can start in Miami by end of May. It doesn’t usually get bad until end of June but you can’t be sure.
If you’re not taking advantage of restaurants you can rent a nice air bnb with a private pool or hot tub closer to home. Save on airfare and splurge on a nice house. The Poconos are a good option or anywhere along the eastern shore.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 8:43 pm
Spring/summer is beautiful upstate. the Catskills, Hunter mountain, or Berkshires MA.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:24 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
Spring/summer is beautiful upstate. the Catskills, Hunter mountain, or Berkshires MA.

Never been upstate (I'm from OOT) so I'm unfamiliar. Is there somewhere particularly nice upstate to look into?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 10:19 am
I think we'll probably going away for 1 night to deal. It's not fancy or far, but with a newborn I think I'll feel better being a shortish drive away just in case my mom struggles.

We'll do that Miami trip another time hopefully!

Not looking to get much out of this trip, just some time away and alone with DH (and hopefully a full night of undisturbed sleep).

Asbury park beach looks nice. If anyone is familiar with the area I'd love to hear of other nice things to do near there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics