Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Toddler Morah Burn out

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:53 am
Wondering if any other toddler Mira’s have tips to fend off burn out? I love my kiddos but they’re 2, and we’ve hit quite the tantrum/defiance phase and I’m struggling.

ETA: I’m full day and Israeli so 8-4 S-Thursday…
TIA!

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:41 am
You need a few days off to refresh. Even a Friday and sunday/Monday

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:46 am
Days off and daily breaks are very important. I switch off with my co worker to make sure we both get to leave the room for half hour.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:10 am
I agree with the previous posters about days off and breaks. I also find networking to be good. When I sit in a group of people doing the same job as me, and they get the frustrations and the difficult things, it feels really good. And we can brainstorm together and offer tips about something someone is struggling with. Like if someone brings up that they struggle with dealing with tantrums, we can all offer our expert opinions of how we deal.
I don't know what you have available where you live, but I also find training important. I go to a training and even if it wasn't anything revolutionary, it often inspires me and gives me a renewed passion for the work I do.
I will also add that 8-4 for 5 days a week is a lot! I don't think I could work that many hours and not get burnt out really quickly.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 1:21 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
You need a few days off to refresh. Even a Friday and sunday/Monday

Yeah I'm really hoping the little break for Purim (I'm off Sunday, Monday) will put the wind back in my sails until Pesach. Then I have 2 weeks off so hopefully that'll get me through to Tisha B'av.

Basically I need to catch my breath!

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 2:49 pm
I just want to say kol hakavod, this is a hard job and so important, thank you to all toddler morot!!

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 2:51 pm
I find when it comes to toddlers over all, I started to tell myself a toddler is just a baby but taller. Then I started expecting a lot less from mine and started to find their personalities really really cute and funny. I can laugh at a lot of stuff that used to make me so frustrated.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 2:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yeah I'm really hoping the little break for Purim (I'm off Sunday, Monday) will put the wind back in my sails until Pesach. Then I have 2 weeks off so hopefully that'll get me through to Tisha B'av.

Basically I need to catch my breath!

Yes I'm a morah and I'm feeling it! I feel as the kids get older the more bored and lively they become. And the fights.... It's hard work! And I 'only' work mornings, and no Sundays. I don't know how you do it! Hope you get to enjoy a nice break soon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics