Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Segula to get child into Kindergarten
Previous  1  2

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:25 pm
Move to Brooklyn and you can get into any school you want

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 7:12 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
This a thousand times over.
Remember when you apply and when you speak to the school admin, that it's not their efforts that will get you into the school, it's all from Hashem. And if they don't accept you it's for the best and Hashem has another plan for you. But don't give them the power that it's their deciding factor, the one that makes the decision is Hashem and they are merely the messengers.
Saying Tehillim always helps. Bhatzlocha

Doesn't this interfere with the idea of "free will"

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 10:50 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Not in the chassidish/ heimish part of Brooklyn. I’m in Boro Park and I think op may also be.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:46 pm
It's a waste to apply you have to go to someone who has pull the only way today. Sad but true.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 7:34 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
Bitachon, truly believing that she WILL get in because Hashem wants this to happen for you.

Daily bitachon has changed my outlook completely.
https://chat.whatsapp.com/K0SX.....NKQRz

I third this. Bitachon, Tefillah, our biggest Segulahs. I signed up to Daily bitachon and it's a life changing way to live. So glad to see it was already recommended here by 2 posters before me. I believe and know Hashem is placing my daughter in an amazing high school Iy"H. I will daven for all of you. Let's daven for one another. OP may you and everyone else who needs a place for their kids be blessed with Hatzlocha Rabbah bkorov Bez"H.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there a segula to get my child into school? I am so desperate!!

Sorry, I don't know of one. And I am so sad to hear that this is even something needed for a 5 year old. What criteria could possibly be needed to go to kindergarten? Every jewish child should have a great school to attend with no stress and drama involved in the application and enrollment process. How embarrassing for our communities that someone should have to ask this question.

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:33 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Sorry, I don't know of one. And I am so sad to hear that this is even something needed for a 5 year old. What criteria could possibly be needed to go to kindergarten? Every jewish child should have a great school to attend with no stress and drama involved in the application and enrollment process. How embarrassing for our communities that someone should have to ask this question.

Unfortunately this is so not the case anymore. We had an emergency situation that was very understandable and had to move after the school year started. We had to beg and plead on our hands and knees to get a child into a school. Not even our preferred school!

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:34 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:

Really?? Why?

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:36 pm
We are moving in June and the first thing I did was make sure all the kids had a space in our preferred schools for next year. I could not breathe until they were officially accepted and we paid the deposit lol. OP I'm really sorry you're going through this. It's so hard!!!!

pinkpeonies

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:42 pm
amother Lily wrote:
Really?? Why?

Because the entire Brooklyn moved to Lakewood except the Syrians and chassidim (although plenty of those did too)

bsy

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:44 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:

Not exactly true but for some schools it is

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 9:50 pm
bsy wrote:
Not exactly true but for some schools it is

I assume she meant the schools in Flatbush, not Boro Park.

I heard firsthand from a dean of a school in Flatbush that any school in Flatbush (ashkenaz not sefard) that tells you they don't have room is lying (maybe with the exception of 1 or 2 really small schools)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics