Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift recipient levels

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:42 pm
I run a successful business bh. As Purim starts coming up I really put a lot of thought into the shaloch manos I send my vendors and subcontractors. I always like to gift something vs just food.

This year I gave a luxury home decor item and I’ve found there are three levels of recipients

Type A- Doesn’t acknowledge or confirm receipt
Type B- Sends text saying Ty for the gift
Type C- Also sends a text or calls but the wording is what makes all the difference.
“Ty so much for this wonderful gift. I’ve always wanted it and couldn’t get myself to splurge, or this is so my type-can’t wait to use it!, or even, this gift looks incredible- you must have put so much thought into it!”

Until I was the one on the giving end I always thought they don’t need my little thank you, but every response really feels amazing.
It confirms that the effort and time and money spent was all worth it.

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:07 am
Some people are better with words than others. Thank you for sharing this important message that cknowledging the gift or nice MM makes the sender want to do.it again.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 7:43 am
amother Yolk wrote:
Some people are better with words than others. Thank you for sharing this important message that cknowledging the gift or nice MM makes the sender want to do.it again.

I don’t think it’s about the words more than the thought. Some people are just so thoughtful and kind and it’s heartwarming.

And regarding your last sentence- one has nothing to do with the other. I send corporate gifts regardless if I get thanked Bec that’s the right thing to do.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 9:09 am
I know what u mean. I'm not a business owner but when I worked for a business I was asked to put together a list of my clients that deserved gifts whether it was for the holidays or for purim and they would sign it from the company and me and it was really nice when those few people acknowledged it. But it was maybe 1 to 5% of the people who got gifts.

My husband is the one that usually receives gifts because he owns a business that uses a lot of other businesses and they send it as a thank you and I always tell him that he should be texting them to acknowledge it but he's not into it. Definitely not something I'm going to ruin my marriage on lol but ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics