Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What to tip Instacart for water bottle delivery

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:49 pm
How much should I tip? Is a 10 % tip enough? I don’t want to make a chilul hashem.
Case of water bottles is in the delivery

10% of my order is $5
15% is $7

I’ll gladly pay the extra $2 if it will make a difference but is $7 still too cheap?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:57 pm
10% is plenty.

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:57 pm
Tipping 10 percent is not a chilul Hashem. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. If you can afford more and would like to, go with more. Don't overthink it.

malkysbp

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:14 pm
Is it still cost effective after paying for a tip?
Your local grocery won't deliver?
I am not sure how it is with instacart, but Uber and UberEats the driver doesn't know if you gave a tip or not so there is no chilul hashem.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:26 pm
I use Instacart several times a week. They recommend 5%. They suggest 10% in rain or snow

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:29 pm
malkysbp wrote:
Is it still cost effective after paying for a tip?
Your local grocery won't deliver?
I am not sure how it is with instacart, but Uber and UberEats the driver doesn't know if you gave a tip or not so there is no chilul hashem.

Of course they know- they know afterward not beforehand

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:33 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/Insta.....loor/

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Of course they know- they know afterward not beforehand
They know beforehand. That's how they decide what orders to take.

lilytee

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:53 pm
Tipping culture is insane. But I do tip 10% for cases of water on Instacart.

It clearly says when paying that shoppers decide which orders to take based on tips.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 7:43 am
Tipping 10% for water or heavy beverage delivery is a chilul hashem. A 32-pack of water from Target costs $4.69. A 10% tip on that is less than 50 cents; a 20% tip is less than a dollar. Some families regularly order numerous packs of water - a $1.88 or worse, no tip at all for 4 packs / 134 lbs. of water is very much a chilul hashem. You should tip for heavy beverages on a per pack basis, not a percentage basis, as you're intentionally ordering very heavy items to schlep so you do not have to. A shopper is paid exactly the same for 4 tubes of toothpaste as for 4 32-packs of water, but hauling the water takes considerable more effort despite both costing about the same amount. Tipping $5 per large pack of water, or $1 per 12-pack of soda is appropriate. A 15 cent bottle of water becomes a 30 cent bottle of water, but that's still cheap as bottled water is a cheap item. And shoppers always know who tips and who does not, always. On Instacart, if 2 or more orders are bundled together, they'll know who tips and who does not after, not before, but they know.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 7:59 am
If you were only ordering water I would say give a $20 tip but for just one case a couple dollars/ 10% is ok imo.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:13 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
If you were only ordering water I would say give a $20 tip but for just one case a couple dollars/ 10% is ok imo.

10% of the cost of 1 pack of water is about 46 cents. And for the vast majority of grocery orders, 10% of the order total is significantly more than $2.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:48 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
They know beforehand. That's how they decide what orders to take.

It depends. On Door Dash and Shipt - they don't know about tips under after delivery. On Instacart, yes, they know before upon acceptance, but only if it's a single order shop, not a multiple order shop, which is rare for most stores.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:51 pm
I order water with instacart and do not tip.

Each time instacart warns that the buyers see if they'll be tipped ahead of time. But I always get a buyer, and they often say how much they like my order (pretty much only water) because it's super easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics