Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are you supposed to tip uber driver?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:24 pm
New to using Uber, I am using them through Fruber ( a phone line where you call/text and they order the uber for you).
Are you supposed to tip the driver the way I would a car service driver? or is that included in the credit card.
Also- this is for anyone else that uses Fruber? Why is it so expensive? Am I paying more by using Fruber? The price is outrageously high.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
New to using Uber, I am using them through Fruber ( a phone line where you call/text and they order the uber for you).
Are you supposed to tip the driver the way I would a car service driver? or is that included in the credit card.
Also- this is for anyone else that uses Fruber? Why is it so expensive? Am I paying more by using Fruber? The price is outrageously high.

When using Uber, they always ask you at end of trip to rate the driver and if want to give a tip. I usually do.

And of course Fruber is more, you're paying a certain percent for the 'agent'.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:49 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes, you are expected to tip.

You are paying for fruber as a service on top of paying for uber, so that makes the price much higher.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 1:51 pm
I always give a good rating and tip when I feel like they were extra nice. Like when I needed to go grocery shopping and the driver helped me get the stuff in and out of the trunk.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:19 pm
The expectation is that you tip the Uber driver, yes, as long as the service is polite and gets you where you're going. And remember that Uber drivers rate customers too - if you are not polite or don't tip, they're more likely to rate you lower. When Uber drivers get offers for rides, they see a customer's rating and that informs whether or not to accept the ride or not.

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 6:51 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
The expectation is that you tip the Uber driver, yes, as long as the service is polite and gets you where you're going. And remember that Uber drivers rate customers too - if you are not polite or don't tip, they're more likely to rate you lower. When Uber drivers get offers for rides, they see a customer's rating and that informs whether or not to accept the ride or not.

The ratings I assume don’t affect OP since it’s not her Uber account being used, she is using a service that hires the Uber for her.

In this specific case I’d tip cash, though normally you’d rate and tip the driver via the Uber app after each ride

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:18 am
I thought uber drivers don't know if you tip

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 6:21 am
I only tip if I have bags or a carriage and they offer to help. The driver sees when they get a tip but they don’t know who it’s from

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:01 am
You don’t tip the driver with cash. You tip through the Uber app. During the ride a message pops up on your phone asking if you want to tip. I don’t think the driver knows who tips and who doesn’t.
Yes, you are paying someone to order the Uber for you so of course that is very expensive. It might be cheaper to use a car service company.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:14 am
I use Uber in Brooklyn, it is already a very expensive service so I can't imagine another vendor being involved.
I don't tip for a regular car ride. I only tip if the driver went out of his way some how. If there was a lot of traffic and he stayed calm, helped me with heavy packages, if I do multiple stops...

amother
Green

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:21 am
You should always give a five star rating , unless you have a reason not to. Anything less then 5 stars really impacts them, the need to maintain a very high rating to keep their job.

My understanding is that tips are not expected for rides, but they are for Uber eats/delivery I could be wrong.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics