Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone know what to do?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:37 pm
My teen DD just told me that shes been having a lot of discharge, and its been going on for a while. at first she thought it was regular and now its more than before. she also mentioned that her underwear has stains from discharge, and has to always wear liners or its uncomfortable and feels like she's having an accident. its a white consistency, and also has a bad odor. Anyone had this and know what to do?

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:39 pm
She probably has a yeast infection. Treat it with monistat 7 which is OTC, and see if it goes away.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:56 pm
I second a yeast infection. Try OTC and if it doesn't work get an rx from the doctor.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:24 pm
what is yeast infection? why does it come?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 7:30 pm
also she isn't itchy, doesn't yeast infection come with itchy?

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:01 pm
Monistat, reduce sugar, don't wear tights

Yeast like warm, dark, moist places. It's a very typical problem. Many women have it. Capralin ( caprilic acid) from the health food store can help prevent it.

amother
Clover

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:12 pm
Isn't discharge normal? My underwear always stains for the discharge and I never really thought much of it.

tulip3

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 8:16 pm
Cervical fluid is normal and that's how you know you're in your fertile days and helps protect sperm and travel to the egg. It's a couple of days though a month..
It's smells gross like fishy smell?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:04 pm
yes its a fishy smell and if she skips one night of shower smells really bad. also she has this on a daily basis not just some days of the month.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:09 pm
She should eat live-culture, plain, no sugar or jam, yogurt daily. That helps keep yeast down in the intestine.

She needs to wash the area daily even if she does not take a full shower.

Ask your own ob / gyn about this.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:09 pm
It might just be regular discharge. You should take her to the doctor to rule out a yeast infection. But if it’s not it’s totally normal for teens to have a lot of discharge it’s the hormones.

tulip3

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:32 pm
Fishy smell isn't normal. Go to the obgyn and she'll take a culture to see if there's an infection. I had this and they gave me meds/cream to apply.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics