Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Cutest costume award 2024
Previous  1  2  3  4

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 10:53 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
Is this series really so popular? Just wondering why posters are claiming this is the winning one.

First of all yes it's a popular series.
Secondly it's a very creative original idea, especially with the food tie-in.
A lot of adorable themes have been done already, of course you can still have a lot of fun with them and can find an original twist but this is new (to me, anyway) and very distinctive. And a lot of creative themes don't come out looking as cute as the idea is. It's also beautiful that this one pulls together so simply. I get duly impressed when I see a magnificent theme production that took the kind of time, effort, and/or expense that I only dream of, but it's a special kind of genius when you get cute, clever, and simple all in the same shot.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 11:29 pm
Caps for sale. Bunch of kids were monkeys with caps and one kid was peddler with pile of matching hats

GLUE

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:58 am
A man wearing a bunch of different yamaka's and hats, along with different coats. I said he could not figure out what type of Jew to dress up as so he decided to go as all.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:43 am
amother Sand wrote:
I saw a family that were dressed up like mitzvah menchies to the last detail! e.g one girl was Surelle the girl in the green dress that holds a bowl of soup, so she was wearing the exact same style dress and hairband ( I think it was sewn!) and was holding a bowl...

Cute! The first year they came out (we are close friends with the creator) my 2 boys yossi and Yanky got dressed as the twins…
They were pre payos then..but I got them kappels with their name, sewed the top and one held a siddur and the other a pushka.
Hubby was mr. Kapolovsky

amother
Oleander

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:15 am
We did an Am Yisrael "Chai" theme and gave out all sorts of tea related goodies.

DD14 got the most compliments on her costume. She dressed as an old lady who drinks tea. She temporarily dyed her hair gray and did her makeup to look like she had papery skin and wrinkles. She wore old ladyish clothing and jewelry and shoes. She crocheted a shawl to wear over her shoulders and started a baby sweater she carried around in a tote bag along with crumpled tissues and coffee and butterscotch candies. She also had a cane and was wearing perfume and really acted the part, calling everyone dearie and threatening to pinch people's cheeks.

DD 8 dressed up like she was going to a tea party in a floral dress and straw hat and fancy nails and jewelry. DS 5 went as a (tea) T-Rex and was utterly adorable, especially when he was pretending to be fierce. DH dressed as a British fellow and since I prefer to wear an accessory rather than a full costume I just wore an Am Yisrael Chai necklace.

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:45 am
I saw a family of boys dressed as Bedouins I think, wearing inflatable camels. It was adorable!

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:16 pm
I saw a family of dentists and tooth fairies. Was brilliant!!!
Venice gondoliers

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:24 pm
Saw sisters dressed like Stanley cups!!
They must’ve used a white garbage can, created a straw from a pool noodle and spray painted it..it was the most amazing costume I have seen!

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:35 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
Saw sisters dressed like Stanley cups!!
They must’ve used a white garbage can, created a straw from a pool noodle and spray painted it..it was the most amazing costume I have seen!

Hilarious!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics