Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
9 mo old refuses bottle

synthy

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:22 pm
My baby is 9 months old, bf most of the time but she gets one formula bottle during the day when she’s at the babysitter, and sometimes at night to help her fall asleep if she still cries after nursing for a half hour.

The last 2-3 weeks she’s been refusing her bottle most of the time, just throws it away. The babysitter stopped trying and just gives her baby food and a bit of water in a cup.

Now the last few days she became a full on newborn and wants to nurse every 2 hours. She eats solids and eats well, so she’s not hungry. She was sleeping through the night since 3 months but is now waking up every 2-3 hours and nurses until I hurt, then cries when I unlatch her. She throws away a bottle if I try to give it to her.

Any idea what’s going on?

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:25 pm
Is she teething?

synthy

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:30 pm
amother Denim wrote:
Is she teething?
She was teething for a few months, got her first tooth like 3 weeks ago. A bit after she started throwing away the bottle.
Oddly enough, sometimes if she doesn’t see me in the morning she’ll take the bottle that’s in her crib and drink it happily.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:34 pm
Are you on your period or have less milk than usual?
Eating and drinking enough?

How much food is she getting? can you increase her protein.

Most wakeups are habit and not hunger. I don't sleep train then tho. I chug along until baby is older.
Another option is milk. Either regular or non diary option.

synthy

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:40 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
Are you on your period or have less milk than usual?
Eating and drinking enough?

How much food is she getting? can you increase her protein.

Most wakeups are habit and not hunger. I don't sleep train then tho. I chug along until baby is older.
Another option is milk. Either regular or non diary option.

I’m nursing clean and my supply is pretty good now because I had a bunch of carbs over Purim 🙂. I can’t diet when breastfeeding. She eats some of whatever we have for supper and then usually a baby food jar before bed… she’s definitely not hungry, just nursing for comfort.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:30 pm
If she's breastfeeding multiple times a day, she honestly doesn't eat formula at this point. Just send real food to the babysitter and drop the bottles entirely.

synthy

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
If she's breastfeeding multiple times a day, she honestly doesn't eat formula at this point. Just send real food to the babysitter and drop the bottles entirely.
That means she gets a 6 hour stretch without milk. Is that ok?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding