Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Kosher laptop

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:45 pm
I know there are places you can get a Kosher cell phone off the shelf.
I am wondering if there are places where you can get a kosher laptop off the shelf.

A laptop with no internet and can be used without going some where to get it all set up and filtered.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 10:35 am
Bump

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 10:47 am
Maybe I am missing something but in order for a computer to be able to access the internet, it needs to be connected to a Wifi system and have the correct log in information.

This is different than a cell phone since cell phones can access the internet without a Wifi connection by using the cellular connection.

Just don't connect the computer to Wifi if you don't want access.

Are you buying the computer for use by a child? If used at home, do you have Wifi at home? Are they a student who will be using a laptop away from home?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 10:52 am
It's for my high school daughter to do all of her reports on
I have Wifi in the house
She might bring it to school to work on it there.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 10:53 am
I think you will have to get it filtered. I don't think anyone sells prefiltered lap tops.

RM3

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:07 am
Not sure what the benefit is of having it prefiltered, but they sell prefiltered tablets, to which you can attach a keyboard…

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:49 am
RM3 wrote:
Not sure what the benefit is of having it prefiltered, but they sell prefiltered tablets, to which you can attach a keyboard…

Where are prefiltered tablets sold?

RM3

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where are prefiltered tablets sold?
I believe KosherCell in Gourmet Glatt Plaza sells Samsung tablets. In general, unless you’re getting high end tablets, they aren’t as good as a laptop. But you can try it.
Personally, if it’s not a Microsoft Surface or iPad Pro, I’d just get a laptop and get it filtered.

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:01 pm
FWIW, tablets just aren't substitutes for a laptop even in terms of tasks like writing papers.

I own an iPad, an iPhone and a computer.

I can't do serious word processing on my iPad because it is difficult to set up files and use multiple windows which are important when drafting or saving information.

It is also very hard to set up a decent organizational system. For example, on my Desktop, I can have folders for different projects and folders can contain subfolders.

Also at some point isn't it possible that your child will actually need access to the internet for research or other valid reasons.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:17 pm
I hear what you are saying,

When I was going into 9th grade my parents brought me a laptop for school, that I used for years. It was very helpful-it had no internet because no laptop then did.

I thought I would just get my daughter a simpler thing but they don't exist.
My sister filtered her daughters laptop and had to go through a few of them until she found one that worked for her daughter. I thought maybe I could just get one without internet so I will not have to go through this bother.

You can't roll back the clock and I guess what I had as a girl does not exist anymore.

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
I hear what you are saying,

When I was going into 9th grade my parents brought me a laptop for school, that I used for years. It was very helpful-it had no internet because no laptop then did.

I thought I would just get my daughter a simpler thing but they don't exist.
My sister filtered her daughters laptop and had to go through a few of them until she found one that worked for her daughter. I thought maybe I could just get one without internet so I will not have to go through this bother.

You can't roll back the clock and I guess what I had as a girl does not exist anymore.

I don’t know his old you are. Very Happy

At one time there was no WiFi. In order to access the primitive internet, you needed a modem that was plugged into a phone line typically.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries