Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How to make omelet without burning the pan

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:31 am
I don’t use a lot of oil nd font use Teflon because I think it’s unhealthy. Actually dh makes the omelette and burns the frying pan all the time. We need to scrub all the stuff that stuck to the pan. He uses egg whites from a box.

amother
Springgreen

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:35 am
The main trick with an aluminum frying pan is that you FIRST heat the pan. Then put in a small amount of oil only once it is hot. Then the eggs.

With a nonstick pan the temperature doesn't matter much, but with an aluminum pan it really does.

If you want another option, get cast iron and season it well, it will be nonstick but not Teflon.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:01 am
I have stainless steel pan.

amother
Springgreen

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:11 am
amother OP wrote:

Same thing. You will need to make it very hot, then put in a bit of oil, then eggs.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:05 am
Make the pan hot first. If it still sticks buy an expensive frying pan, it doesn't stick with quality pans.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:59 am
amother OP wrote:

It needs to be so hot, that when you spray some water into it, The water starts dancing as a ball, not sizzling, and not just staying as a ball in the pot, but dancing wildly around the pot.

Then your eggs won’t stick.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:24 am
amother OP wrote:

Me too. Works same as other poster said for aluminum pans. My DH also burns every omelet while mine slip right out. He's impatient and puts everything into a still cold or barely warm pan. If the pan is hot enough a small amount of oil does just fine and nothing sticks at all.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:25 am
Use more oil and make sure the oil is sizzling hot before you add the eggs. If that doesn’t work, you might need a better quality pan.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 7:09 am
Granite pan.

Or use more oil or butter.

Or cover it so the top cooks quicker and then the bottom doesn't need to sit for as long.

Or flip it more often.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 7:33 am
I use cast iron, usually. It doesn't need much grease.
As above, heat the pan, add butter or oil then the eggs, then lower the flame.
For scrambled eggs, give them a bit to set before scrambling.

amother
Tealblue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 7:48 am
amother Yellow wrote:
It needs to be so hot, that when you spray some water into it, The water starts dancing as a ball, not sizzling, and not just staying as a ball in the pot, but dancing wildly around the pot.

Then your eggs won’t stick.

How do you heat up the pan properly and not burn your food? I can never seem to get this right. If it's sizzling hot, it's too hot to cook my food. After you get it hot enough and add oil, can you lower the temp and give it time to cool? I also don't like adding the oil when it's so hot. Sometimes I like to cook with butter. Is it not possible with this type of pan?

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 8:10 am
Get a granite pan, everything slides right out beautifully. And make sure the oil is hot before adding eggs.
I got mine at amazing savings.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 8:14 am
This only happens if my kids make eggs without properly heating the pan. One time someone made eggs without using oil and this is what happened.
So the oil has to be hot enough and there has to be enough oil. You can use less oil if you are using a non stick pan but a regular stainless steel pan needs oil.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics