Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much do you spend a season
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:30 am
$1600 is ridiculous. I possibly spend that on a year's worth of clothing for my family of 6. Don't kids yourself you won't be passing this clothing to your next child. You will want them to match, want current stuff, or it will be stained from sitting. If you can afford it by all means spend it. But if you can't that's another story. And if your dh isn't happy about it there are ways to cut back.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:33 am
amother OP wrote:
How much do u spend a season on yourself and ur kids?

Currently have one daughter (2)
I appreciate designer things but know how to find a good deal. I get all her stuff on sale.
I spent a total of abt 1600
Between shab and weekday
I got her 8 shab - probably shld hv done 6

I like variety. And not willing to shop in gap or target or Ali.

I think I did pretty good considering how many things I got. And I know if I had gone to any Jewish stores here in Lakewood, I would hv spent more.

Husband thinks I’m crazy
So curious to hear what u all spend

Well yes you over spent when will your daughter wear 8 Shabbos outfits you need max 3! Weekday you need max 10 in the summer! Also for her age you can still find cheap in Zara, h&m etc

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:35 am
I bought for my 5 year old daughter in h and m, Zara and Ali. And guess what I spent over $1,000 on her. I was shocked.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:48 am
I’m not even spending that amount on my bar mitzvah aged son between his suits hats shoes shirts and pants!

For a 2 year old it is A LOT!!! And she does not need 2 outfits per day of yt. She needs one. If it gets dirty , pjs. (Although you probably only buy Jewish company pjs for $40 a pair?)

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:59 am
I get my daughter at least 2 robes 6-10 shabbous 15-30 weekday.. 4-10 pairs of shoes for weekday and t road 4-6 shabbous shoes tons of accessories all for less then. $500. I buy on SHEIN $5-11 per outfit. I buy on sale for the next year. I am a photographer and enjoy dressing her up. She has 4 closets one with just stuff for the next seasons. She is my only girl and will be my only. I am so enjoying this omg. I do buy some expensive things on sale for max $70 a Shbbous thing. 20/30$ for weekday is an expensive dress for her… she looks beyond amazing!!’ I also shop really cheap for myself even tho I am plus size. Any time someone compliments me I tell them how little it costs.. there mouths drop to the floor. I do buy expensive things if I love them.. I really don’t have to shop cheap I just enjoy it. Why would I spent more if I can get away with it.. I would rather give the $$ to a single mom. Yes I know I should buy less if the cheap stuff but for $10 I can’t resist… it’s sososos much fun!!!! Zero guilt I don’t give a hoot if she paints with her cloths… np on to the next

Lets Talk

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:59 am
giftedmom wrote:
Then you should spend what you can afford. Jewish brands like pastel have adorable sets for 60$. Really no need to spend 150$. There are so many more important things to spend your money on.

I actually find pastel went up in price. They have gorgeous stuff but pricey. Pajamas are almost $50. A Vuchen shirt for a boy is$60 with matching pants over $100 for every day

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:01 am
8 is for sure too much. My 2 year old was fine with 4/5 in a hotel program but I hear if you are more comfortable with 6. And yeah that’s a lot. I think I spent that on 3 kids for an entire wardrobe and I have teens who cost more.

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:05 am
amother Lily wrote:
I bought for my 5 year old daughter in h and m, Zara and Ali. And guess what I spent over $1,000 on her. I was shocked.

How much did you buy though?

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:18 am
I spent 350 for two toddlers but I usually end up buying more as the summer goes on and they ruin their clothes

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:20 am
For everyone saying it’s too much, you obviously don’t go to hotels.

Shabbos hagadol
2 yt
Shabbos
2 yt

That’s already 6. Plus if she will be up by the meals you need 6 more….

Plus Shabbos pjs for when they fall asleep and morning breakfast.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:21 am
Well if someone can afford a pesach program there husbands don’t care about the price of clothing that much they know it comes with the program

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:22 am
amother Marigold wrote:

Shabbos hagadol
2 yt
Shabbos
2 yt

That’s already 5. Plus if she will be up by the meals you need 5 more….

I'm having trouble understanding why you can't do laundry. Maybe because I live in an alternate universe (though I would describe us as comfortable bh, we're not going-to-Pesach-hotel wealthy) there is no reason why it should be embarrassing for a 2 yo to repeat outfits.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:25 am
amother Gold wrote:
I get my daughter at least 2 robes 6-10 shabbous 15-30 weekday.. 4-10 pairs of shoes for weekday and t road 4-6 shabbous shoes tons of accessories all for less then. $500. I buy on SHEIN $5-11 per outfit. I buy on sale for the next year. I am a photographer and enjoy dressing her up. She has 4 closets one with just stuff for the next seasons. She is my only girl and will be my only. I am so enjoying this omg. I do buy some expensive things on sale for max $70 a Shbbous thing. 20/30$ for weekday is an expensive dress for her… she looks beyond amazing!!’ I also shop really cheap for myself even tho I am plus size. Any time someone compliments me I tell them how little it costs.. there mouths drop to the floor. I do buy expensive things if I love them.. I really don’t have to shop cheap I just enjoy it. Why would I spent more if I can get away with it.. I would rather give the $$ to a single mom. Yes I know I should buy less if the cheap stuff but for $10 I can’t resist… it’s sososos much fun!!!! Zero guilt I don’t give a hoot if she paints with her cloths… np on to the next

You bought how many pairs of weekday and shabbos shoes?
That is beyond crazy. I hope you pass all these along to a gemach or tzedaka so someone gets use of them.
My dd currently has 1 pair of trainers and her shabbos shoes are also her school ones as she grew out of them and I wanted to wait to buy summer shoes for both. She is 5 and is totally not bothered by this.
Just think about what you are teaching your daughter that clothes are disposable, you don't need to be careful with them because you can move on to the next ones, that it is normal to have 20 pairs of shoes per season.....this is beyond.

I really could afford to buy designer clothes for shab but don't because it is really important to teach children to be tzanuah and not gashmiusdic - for all of their belongings- clothes, shoes, school bags etc. We feel it is inherently wrong to chase after this kind of bling like a Kardashian. I don't want to offend you but where does this even end?

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:41 am
OP, I feel bad for you, because I think you started this thread innocently, but this is not the site to share these things on.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:41 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Well if someone can afford a pesach program there husbands don’t care about the price of clothing that much they know it comes with the program

I assume her parents are paying for the hotel

But that’s why boys need to realize if they marry daughters of rich parents, they need to make sure they have the same earning potential bec those girls will likely have highet standards. Not always but many times.

In our marriage it’s the opposite- dh is from a rich family and I’m from a simple almost poor family so even though he can’t afford to pay $1600 for my daughter’s wardrobe (unless we stopped funding our IRAs and investment accounts), he doesn’t feel bad because I don’t expect that from him.

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:44 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:

I assume that OP's parents are paying for the hotel.
OP already said upthread that her husband is upset about her spending & that they can't really afford it.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:48 am
OP, I understand you love designers and feel pressure from your mother to only buy designers. I love these things too (I don't particularly love brands with big words, but I really like BC, BP style, etc.).
Me and many other "with-it" people I know buy some stuff local and some (read: Many) things on alivibes.. The stuff look identical- it comes with the same labels, it has the same fit, same results after washing, etc.
You already stocked up for the season, but it might be worth it to buy one thing on www.alivibes.com now to try it out and next season you can do a big chunk there. Buy some stuff local, so you're guaranteed it's here on time and some stuff on Ali. You'll save tons of $, you'll kid will look just as cute and with-it and you don't have to tell your mother.

My phone doesn't have the best camera, but you might get the idea...
This is one dress I bought for my daughters on Alivibes.

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:58 am
amother Marigold wrote:

Shabbos hagadol
2 yt
Shabbos
2 yt

Not true . I do go to hotels as I said. I’ve been going since I was a teen (30 years)

First off, a 2 year old isn’t a kallah maidel. She can repeat her clothes!!

Second, and this is more important IMO: she doesn’t need 6 or 8 or more ‘designer’ outfits. Meaning, she can have a beautiful wardrobe for far far less money than OP spent. She does need need to change for dinner! This isn’t the titanic.

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 7:01 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
I'm having trouble understanding why you can't do laundry. Maybe because I live in an alternate universe (though I would describe us as comfortable bh, we're not going-to-Pesach-hotel wealthy) there is no reason why it should be embarrassing for a 2 yo to repeat outfits.

You are not in alternate universe. There is no reason not to do laundry. Most hotels have laundry service. If not, there’s always laundromats as I’ve said. People have more money (to spend) than seichel.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 7:06 am
amother Marigold wrote:

Shabbos hagadol
2 yt
Shabbos
2 yt

I have been to 4 pesach programs and I always do my kids laundry on chol hamoed so there is no issue. Once I had to drive to a wash and fold but we left it and by end of day it was ready. Pj's I'm sorry you can get one higher end Jewish brand rest get to totinni, Ali or kidichic, even Amazon has some Jewish styles.

This line of thinking is insane 😳 and I am a big spender but my gosh 12 outfits for a 2 year old on shabbos and yt?? I have never had to change a two year old that often and I have more boys than girls! And if they are up for night meals- shabbos pj's. That's the whole point. Put a bib on and call it a day.

Also not everyone goes for shabbos hagadol to a hotel and I doubt this year ppl will bc of the way it falls out you have all of Sunday to get there.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics