Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
How to avoid vaccinating my baby until school
  Previous  1  2  3 10 11  12  13  Next

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 7:57 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Just as an FYI, I didn't read entire thread but want to share the following. I'm quite pro vaax, but recently I was exposed to chicken pox while pregnant in 3rd trimester. Quickly called my OB To find out what I should do and what risks r involved. She told me to call my childhood pediatrician and check if I was vaccinated or if I had chicken pox. So I asked what's the difference, she said if I had chicken pox then I'm covered regardless. And If I got the vaccine , chances r I'm not immune.
This really opened my eyes. All my kids got the chicken pox vaccine and I'm quite disappointed now. I wish I could have given them the real immunity.

Giving the chicken pox vaccine as part of the regular vaccines, is a pretty recent thing. When I was a kid, everyone had chicken pox. (25-30 years ago)

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 8:06 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Giving the chicken pox vaccine as part of the regular vaccines, is a pretty recent thing. When I was a kid, everyone had chicken pox. (25-30 years ago)

Right it was only released in the US in the 1990s.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 8:09 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Right it was only released in the US in the 1990s.

Yup .was released right before I caught it at age 24...was going to get vaxxed...

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 8:10 pm
I just did a quick count so I might be wrong.

If you do catch up for school you only need about 13 total shots, instead of the 31 reccomended. That's a very big difference. Besides that older children can handle them better, detox easier, and have met many milestones already.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 8:18 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/2370.pdf

Check the first column thats what your kid needs to start nursery. you can send to a private nursery and then follow the secomd column for kindergarten. starting school at age four reduces the total doses

hib after 15 months only needs 1 dose and pcv after 24 months only needs 1.

If you tell me how old she is now, I can help with the spacing/timeframe.

Thanks so much. My baby is 9 months now. At five months got:
Dtap, HIB, polio
PVC

Not sure if that would help.. hope it wasn’t for nothing

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 9:59 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Why do you think you know better than almost all pediatricians?

When you go to medical school, do a residency in pediatrics and then have years of experience which includes keeping in on latest research, your medical theories might have some validity.

In what basis of scientific and medical knowledge do you feel you are equipped to understand research and override every pediatrician in your area.

my mother waited to vaccinate too and with good reason because the first time her older kids got vaccinated, they developed eczema that lasted for YEARS!!!

I'm not sure how waiting helps, possibly bec at that point the child's immune system is stronger already, but at least to put off the inevitable

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much. My baby is 9 months now. At five months got:
Dtap, HIB, polio
PVC

Not sure if that would help.. hope it wasn’t for nothing

OK. sorry to tell you but the hib and pcv were for nothing. She will need one more dose of each after the ages I wrote in my last post. (hib after 15 months and pcv after 24)
dtap and polio not for nothing. she will need three more dtap, two more polio, and also 3 hep b. likely the doc will give pediarix which is combo of dtap, polio, and hep b. Hep b should have at least 8 weeks apart between first two doses and at least 16 weeks between dose 2 and dose 3.

She will also need one mmr and one varicella (or titers for chickenpox).

How old will she be when starting school? Is your school super strict? Some schools, if you are in process of catching up when kid starts school, are ok with giving you the time. If that's the case, you might be able to get away with one polio and one dtap, by giving the last dose after age 4 and if it's six months since the dose before.

In any case, you don't have to do anything for at least another year.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:08 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
OK. sorry to tell you but the hib and pcv were for nothing. She will need one more dose of each after the ages I wrote in my last post. (hib after 15 months and pcv after 24)
dtap and polio not for nothing. she will need three more dtap, two more polio, and also 3 hep b. likely the doc will give pediarix which is combo of dtap, polio, and hep b. Hep b should have at least 8 weeks apart between first two doses and at least 16 weeks between dose 2 and dose 3.

How old will she be when starting school? Is your school super strict? Some schools, if you are in process of catching up when kid starts school, are ok with giving you the time. If that's the case, you might be able to get away with one polio and one dtap, by giving the last dose after age 4 and if it's six months since the dose before.

I'm not pro-vax, but the hib and pcv weren't for nothing. They will give her baby protection from two diseases that are a current risk for babies. I believe Dr. Paul Thomas actually reccomended both.

I'm not saying it would be worth giving in the first place, but once given they do help.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:38 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
I'm not pro-vax, but the hib and pcv weren't for nothing. They will give her baby protection from two diseases that are a current risk for babies. I believe Dr. Paul Thomas actually reccomended both.

I'm not saying it would be worth giving in the first place, but once given they do help.

For school, those two were for nothing. That's the context of this thread, so I didn't need to explain. Obviously if you are of the camp who gives shots for current protection, it's not for nothing but that's not what OP is asking about.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 11:42 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
I just did a quick count so I might be wrong.

If you do catch up for school you only need about 13 total shots, instead of the 31 reccomended. That's a very big difference. Besides that older children can handle them better, detox easier, and have met many milestones already.

Depends on how old the kid is when starting school. After age 4, you can get less total, and after age five, even less.

There are definitely shots given by doc/recommended by cdc that are not mandated for school attendance, such as rsv, rotavirus, hep a, flu and covid, and later on hpv.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:31 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Dr. Diamonds group says that. All the Dr's in that group. Some are amazing.

Maybe because there’s a monetary gain for them if a certain percentage of their practice is fully vaccinated 🤔

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:41 am
amother OP wrote:
I feel like it’s worse to lie no? Isn’t it only mandatory when they hit school age? Ur not doing anything illegal… unless im uninformed….

Now I would 100% lie and say yes.
Last time I said dc isnt up to date, shes due for some vaccines (I lied) and the nurse became downright nasty to me. 2 of the doctors came to "speak" to me and ask why I didnt yet take my child for their recent vaccines. This was in LIJ hospital.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:49 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
Depends on how old the kid is when starting school. After age 4, you can get less total, and after age five, even less.

There are definitely shots given by doc/recommended by cdc that are not mandated for school attendance, such as rsv, rotavirus, hep a, flu and covid, and later on hpv.

Royal blue, I don’t know where you’re getting your info. Some isn’t true and is downright dangerous and misleading.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:41 am
amother Eggplant wrote:

Correct, but after hearing that from a Dr. I was disappointed that my kids got the vaccine, had I been informed that immunity is better from the actual virus I wouldn't have vaccinated. I just feel like we are forced to do this blindly. Like people on here keep saying you're not a Doctor or trust your Doctor. Look where trusting took us.
If someone vaccinated isn't protected while pregnant and in older age then it's quite scary..... my new baby I don't want to give jt but will be forced for school.... it's a no win.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 7:54 am
amother Red wrote:
Royal blue, I don’t know where you’re getting your info. Some isn’t true and is downright dangerous and misleading.

I'm getting my info from the chart I linked to in a previous post from the health dept. I don't know what is dangerous or misleading about helping someone understand the shots necessary for school. It's a complicated chart to understand and I do this for my own kids bh successfully. Giving a delayed schedule so they're caught up by the time they start school isn't dangerous or misleading. Of course if you believe in these shots, then my advice on how to get away with some of them is dangerous (gasp), but I'm helping op to know what's the minimum her child needs for school.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 8:01 am
amother Royalblue wrote:

Thanks so much! This is helpful. And yeah very much regret that first round..

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 9:18 am
amother Ginger wrote:
Now I would 100% lie and say yes.
Last time I said dc isnt up to date, shes due for some vaccines (I lied) and the nurse became downright nasty to me. 2 of the doctors came to "speak" to me and ask why I didnt yet take my child for their recent vaccines. This was in LIJ hospital.

I took my baby to Cohen’s a few times over the last few months, and no one was nasty to me. He was 12-15 months during those times.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 10:44 am
OP - here’s a few slides on which vaccines are required in each state for childcare and school.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv.....rYg==

Imabubby60

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:09 pm
Even when it is mandated for school, I think it's possible to get an exemption for school. You are saving your child(ren) and from much tzaros, ie autism spectrum, mood disorders, ADD, autoimmune diseases etc.

Last edited by Imabubby60 on Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:18 pm
Imabubby60 wrote:
Even when it is mandated for school, I think it's possible to get an exemption for school. You are saving your child(ren) and from much tzaros, ie autism spectrum, mood disorders, ADD, etc.

Nope not in ny unfortunately
Page 11 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics