Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much do you spend a season
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 10:08 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
Not true . I do go to hotels as I said. I’ve been going since I was a teen (30 years)

First off, a 2 year old isn’t a kallah maidel. She can repeat her clothes!!

Second, and this is more important IMO: she doesn’t need 6 or 8 or more ‘designer’ outfits. Meaning, she can have a beautiful wardrobe for far far less money than OP spent. She does need need to change for dinner! This isn’t the titanic.

I'm with you and I'm very into how we all look on programs. But this is a good post to tell me husband about so he realizes there's even crazier people out there than me LOL

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 10:11 am
amother Garnet wrote:
OP, I feel bad for you, because I think you started this thread innocently, but this is not the site to share these things on.

I think some ppl gave her good tips!

giftedmom

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:08 am
Lets Talk wrote:
I actually find pastel went up in price. They have gorgeous stuff but pricey. Pajamas are almost $50. A Vuchen shirt for a boy is$60 with matching pants over $100 for every day

I hardly ever buy from them for full price but for someone like op it’s still better priced than 150$ for a toddler shabbos outfit.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:20 am
[quote="amother Marigold"]Op, I understand you because I love nice things, I have a 3 year old girl, I also go to a hotel.

But I spent $800 on a complete wardrobe. The designer brands I buy all last season. Especially, if you don’t have to match kids it’s much easier to find.

To breakdown
7 Shabbos dresses
1 new season brand name- was the biggest splurge, 4 past season, 2 ha me downs. Total $335

8 weekday sets: 4 designer last season, 1 new season set, 1 Ali, shorts for H&M and tees from Zara
Total
$215

Accessories
Crochet knit Shabbos socks from Ali. The look like condor. I paid $17 for 12 pairs so I don’t have to worry about losing them or getting them dirty
I also got 16 bows for $5 from Ali

2 Shabbos pjs for $43 though I do need more

Shoes Shabbos $85, $15 hm weekday

Spent a lot in underwear- buying tons, shirts because we’re toilet training and plus basic white weekday socks $50

Total around $800

My other kids are boys and older so I barely spend on them. They have lots of things from last season.[/quote

Off topic but could you link your ali socks and bows?

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:24 am
I definitely live in different circles then you!

I wanted to treat my dil to some clothes for her ds1. Told her I'll spend up to $60. Thought she would chose a multi pack of stretchies, to make the money go further. It's her 1st child so has nothing yet in next size. She chose 2 Shabbos outfits for $30 dollars each, she was so grateful because she wouldn't pay so much herself.

Not spoilt I guess.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:24 am
[quote="amother Jetblack"]
amother Marigold wrote:
Op, I understand you because I love nice things, I have a 3 year old girl, I also go to a hotel.

But I spent $800 on a complete wardrobe. The designer brands I buy all last season. Especially, if you don’t have to match kids it’s much easier to find.

To breakdown
7 Shabbos dresses
1 new season brand name- was the biggest splurge, 4 past season, 2 ha me downs. Total $335

8 weekday sets: 4 designer last season, 1 new season set, 1 Ali, shorts for H&M and tees from Zara
Total
$215

Accessories
Crochet knit Shabbos socks from Ali. The look like condor. I paid $17 for 12 pairs so I don’t have to worry about losing them or getting them dirty
I also got 16 bows for $5 from Ali

2 Shabbos pjs for $43 though I do need more

Shoes Shabbos $85, $15 hm weekday

Spent a lot in underwear- buying tons, shirts because we’re toilet training and plus basic white weekday socks $50

Total around $800

My other kids are boys and older so I barely spend on them. They have lots of things from last season.[/quote

Off topic but could you link your ali socks and bows?

similar to condor socks and tights. I ordered these last year. it was awesome!

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DeuD0M9
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DEFUsr7
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DCBcr9L
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DmSSf6H
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DBnNm5J
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DlylTM1
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DBT2Xa5
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DBkWQm1

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:26 am
I spent around $250 for my infant and preschooler. I still want to buy one of them shoes and a summer Jacket, socks for both, pjs and strechies.

All together about $500 for both per season. They look adorbale!

I don't do hand me down because their clothes are finished at the end of the season because they don't have that many to begin with so I keep on washing. I love new clothes at the beginning of the season, that fresh crisp look.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:28 am
I spend less than that on my whole families wardrobe for the year. Probably spend about $200 -400 a season, depending on how much the kids grow.

amother
Feverfew

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 11:47 am
I didn’t finish my shopping for the season, and I buy designer and Jewish brands, but I think what you bought is way over the top. I don’t buy bon point or Stella McCartney or bobo choses full price. I buy them from ladida backstage, or Farfetch or past seasons sales.

I have a lot of other kids, but I’ll compare my 2 year old. I bought her 4 outfits, (which I think is way more than enough, I usually buy 3) for shabbos. The most expensive was $130, the cheapest was about $70, so was about $400. For weekday, I’ve bought throughout the year on sales. Some things from far fetch (Marc jacobs, kenzo, boss, Stella) , some things from Ralph Lauren, some things from lil legs, some things from Zara’s. Total about $400. Shoes were about $100, socks and undershirts about $40
So that’s about $940 for a full season
The rest of my kids are boys and a baby. Their wardrobes are pretty easy and simple and cheaper. So yes, I get you, but l still think you overdid it and it’ll be hard to cut back when you have more kids!

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:17 pm
OP unless you can keep up this kind of spending long term you should probably learn to cut back now. It'll only get harder to cut back as your dd gets older and you have more kids.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:25 pm
What everyone is trying to say is that you’re new to this, and you think everyone you see in designer clothes buys them at full price in big amounts.
But the truth is that everyone has their hacks that enable them to dress their kids nicely but still not spend crazy amounts.
Whether it’s buying on sale, on farfetch, or Ali knockoffs, or buying smaller amounts and washing more often. Everyone does what works for them.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:36 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
For everyone saying it’s too much, you obviously don’t go to hotels.

Shabbos hagadol
2 yt
Shabbos
2 yt

That’s already 6. Plus if she will be up by the meals you need 6 more….

Plus Shabbos pjs for when they fall asleep and morning breakfast.

OP HERE
thank you!!!
The way yt falls out this year makes me feel
Happy I got 8 and if she gets dirty second days , I’ll just resort to shabbos pjs or something
But yes she is up at the meals.
And I’m not gonna put her in pjs for a seuda.

But normally I would get 5-6 shabbos outfits
Winter she had 5 but she outgrew 2 early on and was left with 3 things. She’s up every Friday nt. And I put her in shabbos clothes. And then she gets dirty and needs a new thing the next day. It was boring. Constantly same stuff.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:40 pm
Op here
I would also like to say that I didn’t buy anything current season! Everything was on sale past season

A lot of u tht answered couldn’t relate. We may have been brought up differently or feel differently abt how our kids are dressed.

And some of u did relate.
But told me to slow down

I see I opened a can of worms

I appreciate all ur responses

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
OP, I feel bad for you, because I think you started this thread innocently, but this is not the site to share these things on.

Yes I see that 😔

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:03 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
I'm having trouble understanding why you can't do laundry. Maybe because I live in an alternate universe (though I would describe us as comfortable bh, we're not going-to-Pesach-hotel wealthy) there is no reason why it should be embarrassing for a 2 yo to repeat outfits.

Because it’s like $10 an item to use the laundry service. $4 an underwear. It’s really not worth it.

Not embarrassing at all to repeat just more practical to bring more.

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
OP HERE
thank you!!!
The way yt falls out this year makes me feel
Happy I got 8 and if she gets dirty second days , I’ll just resort to shabbos pjs or something
But yes she is up at the meals.
And I’m not gonna put her in pjs for a seuda.

But normally I would get 5-6 shabbos outfits
Winter she had 5 but she outgrew 2 early on and was left with 3 things. She’s up every Friday nt. And I put her in shabbos clothes. And then she gets dirty and needs a new thing the next day. It was boring. Constantly same stuff.

You don’t need to defend yourself. If you want to go this route, enjoy.

But realize that it just gets more expensive as they grow.

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Op here
I would also like to say that I didn’t buy anything current season! Everything was on sale past season

A lot of u tht answered couldn’t relate. We may have been brought up differently or feel differently abt how our kids are dressed.

And some of u did relate.
But told me to slow down

I see I opened a can of worms

I appreciate all ur responses

I think it’s about much more about how you were ‘brought up’ It’s about more than how you feel about your kids are dressed.

it’s about dollars and sense. pun intended

is spending this much money (which by the way will only go up as she grows and as you expand your family) feasible for you? will it be sustainable down the line.

if you are living the luxurious lifestyle that you were raised in, gezinten heit! enjoy your baby and her wardrobe! but you made it sound like both a financial strain and a beef with your husband. those are the issues. not how many imas validate you. their finances and their shalom bayis are their issue, but you can’t ignore yours just because of how you feel about fashion!

if it’s a stress on your marriage and finances now (while she’s young and an only child) is the time to make a change. you seem to have black and white thinking and this isn’t a black and white issue

username11

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:45 pm
giftedmom wrote:
BP and BC are available on Ali. Your mother would never know. The most balbatish families shop on Ali.
But also if your mother gets a say she should finance the fanciness.

How do you find these brands on Ali?

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 1:46 pm
Op what crowd are you in?

Gee

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 2:46 pm
OP
Its already spent and even though not all could relate not so clear that crazy excessive based on your circumstances so in meantime enjoy just maybe keep in mind that others may be able to benefit from the clothing when your daughter is done with them so maybe try to forward on to someone who could enjoy when she outgrows This way stretching the $ more bc able to help another... asach nachas
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics