Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Why does everyone hate on Maaser so much?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:52 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
What does an apple tree have to do with giving a chomesh?

The concept that there is halachic validity to taking into account when a person sees bracha in a certain area, or the opposite of bracha.

We saw significant bracha when we started giving chomesh, and the opposite when we tried fulfilling our maaser obligation with tuition. We asked the Rav and were told that in our situation, halacha supports doing what seems to bring you bracha.

The apple tree was another example of the same. There are heterim for cutting down a fruit tree, but when a certain family saw that it brought negative consequences, they were told they should not rely on those heterim in the future.

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
The concept that there is halachic validity to taking into account when a person sees bracha in a certain area, or the opposite of bracha.

We saw significant bracha when we started giving chomesh, and the opposite when we tried fulfilling our maaser obligation with tuition. We asked the Rav and were told that in our situation, halacha supports doing what seems to bring you bracha.

The apple tree was another example of the same. There are heterim for cutting down a fruit tree, but when a certain family saw that it brought negative consequences, they were told they should not rely on those heterim in the future.

To clarify what you are saying, you were given a very personal psak and she was given a very personal psak.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:35 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
To clarify what you are saying, you were given a very personal psak and she was given a very personal psak.

To clarify, I never once argued with anyone's psak. I understand that there are a lot of opinions and a lot of circumstances.

My question was why, even after someone says they asked a Rav, maaser is so frequently put down here. (You may not have seen it, but I've seen it a lot.)
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics