Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Amazon stopped having free returns?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:33 pm
Lately when I do my returns I need to pay full price for ups shipping label. If they changed this return policy, I am definitely canceling my membership. I don’t want go to Whole Foods or some other place to drop it off. I’m so mad. Don’t need to pay for my returns in addition to my membership…

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:34 pm
I have a free standing amazon hub a few minutes away from me. Makes returns a breeze. Almost never need to go to UPS. Does this exist for you?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:35 pm
No, not that I’m aware of. I have an ups box on my block, having an ups label was so convenient for me.

ETA: just googled, closest one is like 15-20 min drive.

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:41 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have a free standing amazon hub a few minutes away from me. Makes returns a breeze. Almost never need to go to UPS. Does this exist for you?

How does it work? I have one near me but would t know where to put it…

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:45 pm
You can bypass this by chatting with customer service and requesting a return label from them. Tell them you don't have access to a drop-off point, they'll email you a prepaid label.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:46 pm
amother Canary wrote:
You can bypass this by chatting with customer service and requesting a return label from them. Tell them you don't have access to a drop-off point, they'll email you a prepaid label.

Oh, that’s good to know.

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:47 pm
Its crazy easy when you do a return, you pick the hub and then it gives a code. When I get there, I scan the code on the machine and this door opens and I put my package in and close it up. It takes 5 minutes tops. I assume if you don't have a phone you can print a label. My return center has a person working there too. But I find the amazon app to be the easiest option.

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 3:51 pm
it's a huge issue for me because I don't have a smart phone, so I can't bring a code to the store.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:05 pm
amother Canary wrote:

How do you get in contact with them? Can’t find place where I can chat with live person.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:17 pm
If you chat with customer service they will give you a free label but I agree amazon has become a pain. I try to stick to target now

amother
White

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:17 pm
I chose the option of didn't approve purchase and then get it for free return

MommyM

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:18 pm
Sometimes it depends on the reason for a return. "Wrong size" they're more likely to give a label, than "changed mind".

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:32 pm
amother White wrote:

Or arrived too late

amother
Lightgray

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 4:39 pm
Yes a while ago.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 5:42 pm
amother Canary wrote:

This. I do it all the time. I also make sure to verify that I won’t be charged for return shipping.
Op go to settings and click to chat with an agent. You can request a call or chat via live messaging

schoolbus

Post Fri, Mar 29 2024, 6:38 pm
If you choose return reason changed mind they’re usually not going to give free return label but if the reason is item defective or not as advertised or something that blames them for the reason you want to return, the label will most likely be free

amother
Electricblue

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 8:55 pm
I don’t think it’s right to throw the seller under the bus like that
No one else wonders if it’s a frum guy who’s gonna lose out bec I’m complaining about his product so I shouldn’t have to pay return shipping?

amother
Daylily

Post Sat, Mar 30 2024, 8:58 pm
First Amazon made us all dependent on them, and now they’re subtly pulling back their amazing customer service that made us hooked in first place.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:13 pm
free returns are at places like whole foods, kohls staples and petco. you don't need a phone, just print out the code from the website.

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:24 pm
amother White wrote:

is that true or are you lying? is it really worth lying to be able to return your clothing for free?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics