Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Freakiest thing I found when cleaning for Pesach

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:21 pm
Cleaning out a room where there's never any food but it's a total mess and I decided to start tackling it before the Hoarders TV crew might make an unscheduled visit. I found a little plastic bag with some papers dated 1998, and here's the freaky thing, some little white squares of cloth that I had cut from my husband's used T-shirts. (Yes, they were clean and unused.) Guess what those little white squares of cloth were for? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:26 pm
I was born in 1998 haha.
This isn’t freaky but I will freak out if I find while cleaning my 1000$ diamond necklace I lost 4 months ago. I still didn’t give up hope.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:26 pm
I once found half of a pie that we had bought probably about 6 months before, and since it was in a white box that looked like it could hold a salad bowl or similar, it was put away with serving dishes. The disturbing part is that it looked as if it had just been purchased. There was no mold growing. It made me realize how much preservatives are in bakery cakes

Luv2Sing

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:28 pm
First Pesach newly married I found a credit card stuck between the oven and wall.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:53 pm
My two girls were fighting over a peice of jewelry they both had received as gifts. First we only had daughter #1's jewelry. Then she mysteriesly lost it 6 monthsago, at the same time daughter #2 's exact peice of jewelry resurfaced and she accused her sister of taking hers. I was at my wits end. I was going to trace down a copy of it. Hope I could purchase online, Sneak it into one of their jewleruy boxes. Which they kept in the top drawer of a 6 draw unit. It wouldn't be easy tracing it down because it was purchases during a vacation in another country. But I was tired of their bickering. I found the second one today on the bottom in the inside back of the draws in the draw unit. The draws are not meant to come out but 1 of the lower draws broke leaving a hole. I almost through it out because it was camouflaged into a $1 necklace the two were weaved together. B"h that was the end of the fights. Now we haveto figure out a permanent way to tell the two pieces apart.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:56 pm
Chometz!!!!
Two cookies falling off a high shelf in my little kids' room!!
HOW did it get there??? They can't reach it and it's storage

amother
Black

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 7:14 pm
I found a car key wedged into the couch today. We sold that car in December.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 7:15 pm
I found my kidushin ring bh, when cleaning my room. It rolled under dh bed and was there to catch it before my cleaner vacumed the dust.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:57 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Chometz!!!!
Two cookies falling off a high shelf in my little kids' room!!
HOW did it get there??? They can't reach it and it's storage

Ask your husband if he put it there to make you feel good that you're cleaning for a purpose;)
I know someone that had no children yet and when cleaning for pesach she found underneath her mattress (on the box spring) a pretzel - one at her bed and one a t her husbands, same place...
She marveled at how it got there, she never eats in her room, never has pretzels at home, has no children etc etc !!!!
I think the answer is obvious, lol! good trick to motivate us!

Last edited by amother on Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hello2u2

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:58 pm
My friend had my son for a week when I was post partum and my son lost 2 kippas there and she turned over every part of the house and couldnt find it... neither did the kids know where it went.
she found it last week stuck behind her paper files.. a pity the size is now too small. Smile

JasmineDragon

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:02 am
One year we went to change the filter in the kitchen faucet and a piece of pasta fell out.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:46 am
I found cookies in my 3 year olds rainboots
!!
He was saving some cookies Bec he was nervous we were getting rid of everything and there would be nothing to eat
Poor child 😞
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics