Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Is non-vaxxing a reason to nix a shidduch? Poll
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

Is anti-vaxxing a reason to nix a shidduch?
Yes  
 80%  [ 279 ]
No  
 19%  [ 68 ]
Total Votes : 347

amother
Charcoal

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:20 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
I dont understand this anology.

im not 100% convinced that vaccines are the be all and end all. of course there are ingredients in there that are not the greatest. and of course we'd all love to be eating unprocessed food, making our own preservative free homesteading tra la la life...

BUT there has to be nuance in every medical discussion, not just vaccines. take birth control pills for example. it would be very easy for me to come on here and lecture about the how awful BC is for you.. do you know the history of birthcontrol pills? do you know how they were tested.. or werent??do you know the long term side affects that they can cause?
I can scare the living daylights out of you..
however, you have to take in the broader picture.. take in the patient and weigh the pros and cons.
for many women the alternative (getting pregnant) is WORTH taking the risks of birth control, and being honest - I would venture to say the average woman does NOT have crazy LONG TERM issues from the pill.

so with vaccines.. I think that they contain awful ingredients. but the same way I would consider any medical treatment against the risks according to what I know and what ive learned, I would consider vaccinating my child.

bec lets be honest - its very nice to yell poison! autism! horror! but I personally dont know a single person in my life that has had a crazy extreme reaction to a regulated childhood vaccine (not talking about covid)

SO all that being said is that I wont deny the potential risks of vaccines but I dont think its worse than any other medication. and if you are taking the FULL picture into account then its not so black and white EITHER WAY.

Not everybody chooses to take birth control. It’s a personal decision and everybody has the right to choose it or not to. Just because you think it’s worth it to take it , doesn’t mean every person chooses like you and that you should judge someone who chooses another method.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics