Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The Yosef Shpiel

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 3:40 pm
https://www.amimagazine.org/20.....piel/

Oh yeah I'm a few weeks behind but I found this article absolutely fascinating. I've never heard of this before in my life, and I'm so curious to learn more about it.

Is this the reason there's very little to no plays about stories from the Tanach? Here in Israel there's a dati leumi group who only makes plays about the Tanach and I really enjoy them much more than the BY plays I've seen, and I always wondered why I've never seen a BY play for anything like that.

What are your thoughts on this?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 7:05 am
Bump

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 7:57 am
amother OP wrote:
https://www.amimagazine.org/2024/03/20/whats-the-deal-with-the-yosef-shpiel/

Oh yeah I'm a few weeks behind but I found this article absolutely fascinating. I've never heard of this before in my life, and I'm so curious to learn more about it.

Is this the reason there's very little to no plays about stories from the Tanach? Here in Israel there's a dati leumi group who only makes plays about the Tanach and I really enjoy them much more than the BY plays I've seen, and I always wondered why I've never seen a BY play for anything like that.

What are your thoughts on this?

I can't read the full article but the reason that this particular play was stopped was because some of the actors suddenly died.

R' Michael Ber Wiessmandel used to have his yeshiva make this play to fundraise for the yeshiva but then they stopped because of the unnatural death of one of the actors. (I think it was Yosef.)

There was a Yosef Shpiel later (probably 30 years ago) with some parts taken off so as to not imitate the holy Shevatim. You can still purchase the DVD.

It isn't comparable to the professionalism of the shows nowadays but the songs were so stunning they were really second to non.
I still sing the songs.

אוי וואס וועל איך דעם טאטן זאגן
ווען ער וועט וויינען און קלאגן
וואס וועל איך טון
ווען איך וועל קומען אהין
צו דעם גרויסן יום הדין

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 9:01 am
יוסף אוי יוסף׳ל כאפ דיר אן ביים שטריק
איך וועל דיר אהיים פירן צום טאטן צוריק
יוסף אוי יוסף׳ל איך האב דיר אזוי ליב
איך וועל דיר ארויס נעמען פון דעם גרוב

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:22 am
Anyone here went to Bobov? The fourth or fifth grade performs it. I was the malach 😂 I don’t remember my lines but I do remember the one posted above, Yosef’l Oy Yosef’l, chap zich un mein shtrik….
Did this play have the clown with the funny name?

giftedmom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:25 am
amother Smokey wrote:
I can't read the full article but the reason that this particular play was stopped was because some of the actors suddenly died.

R' Michael Ber Wiessmandel used to have his yeshiva make this play to fundraise for the yeshiva but then they stopped because of the unnatural death of one of the actors. (I think it was Yosef.)

There was a Yosef Shpiel later (probably 30 years ago) with some parts taken off so as to not imitate the holy Shevatim. You can still purchase the DVD.

It isn't comparable to the professionalism of the shows nowadays but the songs were so stunning they were really second to non.
I still sing the songs.

אוי וואס וועל איך דעם טאטן זאגן
ווען ער וועט וויינען און קלאגן
וואס וועל איך טון
ווען איך וועל קומען אהין
צו דעם גרויסן יום הדין

30 years ago I’m pretty sure was the original Yosef shpiel that was controversial. I listened to it a lot as a kid. Loved yachtzal.
I think like 15 years ago lipa did another version with parts cut out.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 10:57 am
giftedmom wrote:
30 years ago I’m pretty sure was the original Yosef shpiel that was controversial. I listened to it a lot as a kid. Loved yachtzal.
I think like 15 years ago lipa did another version with parts cut out.

All of the videos are on YouTube. You can still enjoy your yachtzel. Wink

https://youtu.be/8Jk0P_JfMxY?s.....bRDp0

https://youtu.be/jtsFFWy_ZiE

I love the one where they sing Ben Poras Yosef with their swords. It's stunning.

I can't find the one where Rueven sings
וואס וועל איך דעם טאטן זאגן. If someone can find it for me I would really appreciate it.

But no this is not the original Yosef Shpeil.
The Nitra Yeshiva made one for years.

giftedmom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 11:06 am
amother Smokey wrote:
All of the videos are on YouTube. You can still enjoy your yachtzel. Wink

https://youtu.be/8Jk0P_JfMxY?s.....bRDp0

https://youtu.be/jtsFFWy_ZiE

I love the one where they sing Ben Poras Yosef with their swords. It's stunning.

I can't find the one where Rueven sings
וואס וועל איך דעם טאטן זאגן. If someone can find it for me I would really appreciate it.

But no this is not the original Yosef Shpeil.
The Nitra Yeshiva made one for years.

Omg thanks!
By original I meant the one where actors died but I don’t know forsure
Wow look at the date! I was a zygote!

giftedmom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 11:21 am
Wow I just got a piece of my childhood

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 12:11 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Omg thanks!
By original I meant the one where actors died but I don’t know forsure
Wow look at the date! I was a zygote!

The one from 32
years ago was not the controversial one. Notice only 10 actor shevatim I think…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics