Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Need to whiten whites

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 2:24 am
My husband is afraid that if we use bleach in the machine it will mess up the clothing...

Evidently his daughter used bleach in their old machine, and it caused problems in the next load..

Is there a way to avoid this??

lubcoralsprings

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 9:08 am
Yes, you can run an extra rinse after you take the clothes out. Any extra bleach will come out in this load.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 9:20 am
mix the bleach into the water before the clothes and make sure no drips get all over the place ... also try adding some baking soda ... and do an "extra rinse" cycle ...

if the clothes are rinsed properly cannot imagine why the next load would be ruined ... that's what machines are made for ...

madys

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 9:02 am
Try "Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda" it's in the laundry aisle - it works really great as a laundry booster, it's not a bleach - but really brightens the whites!

It's also a good cleaner for stoves, sinks and baths

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 9:58 am
they sell large boxes of baking soda in the detergent isle for about $2 that you add to your regular detergent ...

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 5:50 pm
bleach can make whites yellow! use something else. I would not bring bleach into my home.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 11:27 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
bleach can make whites yellow! use something else. I would not bring bleach into my home.

so what would u use instead???

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 11:12 pm
Many good suggestions above.

B'tzimtzim

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 9:59 pm
I don't believe that bleach makes whites yellow (it makes mine white) nor do I think it messes up the machiene. However, I have heard that vinegar helps make whites white. Google it.

Love My Babes

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:15 am
oxi clean powder. I think it works well. buy it in the detergent aisle. its color safe.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:21 am
My aunt uses Cascade dishwasher powder. Says her whites come out gleaming bright.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 1:41 pm
B'tzimtzim wrote:
I don't believe that bleach makes whites yellow (it makes mine white) nor do I think it messes up the machiene. However, I have heard that vinegar helps make whites white. Google it.

Vinegar helps dark colors not fade or run.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry