Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Spinning Babies class

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 1:46 pm
Hi,
I’m looking for a spinning babies class right after pesach.
I know Aidy Hoffman gives one but the next one is too close to my due date. Is there anyone else who gives the class locally that you’ve had a good experience with?

amother
Green

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 1:50 pm
Hmm.. was gonna mention her when I saw title of the thread.. she’s really good!!

Good luck with your search!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 2:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi,
I’m looking for a spinning babies class right after pesach.
I know Aidy Hoffman gives one but the next one is too close to my due date. Is there anyone else who gives the class locally that you’ve had a good experience with?

So maybe ask her for a recommendation

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 4:01 pm
Aviva Kaluscyner also gives spinning babies classes
Also, most doulas know spinning babies (I am a doula and I know spinning babies very well, even though I’m not officially certified in spinning babies) so you can ask your doula to guide you through the exercises

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 4:59 pm
Thanks! Do you have Aviva’s contact info?

Also once you say you’re a doula - 2 questions for you or anyone else who knows about this.

1) what’s a range for the going rate for a doula?

2) is there a reason for a doula if I would probably be induced and have an epidural. Once that happens, my Dr doesn’t let walking around or moving too much. Is there still something a doula would do at that point?

Thanks in advance!

amother Hyacinth wrote:
Aviva Kaluscyner also gives spinning babies classes
Also, most doulas know spinning babies (I am a doula and I know spinning babies very well, even though I’m not officially certified in spinning babies) so you can ask your doula to guide you through the exercises

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 5:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Do you have Aviva’s contact info?

Also once you say you’re a doula - 2 questions for you or anyone else who knows about this.

1) what’s a range for the going rate for a doula?

2) is there a reason for a doula if I would probably be induced and have an epidural. Once that happens, my Dr doesn’t let walking around or moving too much. Is there still something a doula would do at that point?

Thanks in advance!

Aviva Kaluscyner +1 (732) 917-3304

Now to answer your questions-
1) depending on the experience of your doula, it can be anywhere from $200-$2000
If you’re calling Aviva, and she’s out of your price range, she can recommend other doulas in your price range

2) YES!!! A few reasons:
1. The very obvious one- it’s possible for your epidural not to work. This is extremely rare, but if it does happen, you have to be able to deal with it. It can be doubly traumatic to expect an epidural and not have a working one. A doula can help you through that. Also, you should be prepared with proper breathing and positioning just in case that happens to reduce pain

2. In the event that labor doesn’t progress (which is very common with an epidural, for many many reasons, but mainly because you are literally sitting or lying on a bed doing nothing, and labor really needs gravity and movement to properly progress) a doula can position you- yes even with an epidural - to get your labor to progress

3. A doula can help prevent induction!! Every single intervention that is done during labor can have a negative effect. If you would like interventions, that is completely your right! But having a doula greatly reduces the risk of c-sections, episiotomies, pitocin, etc, and can also help prevent decels of the baby even!

4. From time immemorial, women have given birth with the care and support of other women. That’s how the world was set up, and you deserve to have the support of someone who is solely there for your needs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries