Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dr. Rosen OB

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 9:56 am
Does anyone use Dr. Rosen in chemed for an ob? I heard he's a good high risk Dr. and was going there but never heard anyone that uses him.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 10:31 am
I'm using him currently, what do you want to know?
Having a great experience so far!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 11:52 am
I heard he dosnt deliver .. is that true? So who does the deliveries? I don’t know if u wud know this but do u know if he is good for high risk pregnancies specifically issues with a cervix that needs a cerclage

oneofakind

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 12:28 pm
I heard that residents in Monmouth deliver.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 4:06 pm
The whole chemed doesn't deliver outside of business hours, they have one doctor on call a day. If you schedule a c-section or something then it's possible to schedule with him but he doesn't guarantee anything. The on call doctor/residents at the hospital are the ones at delivery. They deliver at RWJ so it's a very good hospital. It's obviously not ideal for a lot of ppl not to have their doctor there but personally I didn't have much a choice as there isn't anyone truly high risk in lakewood or surrounding areas that takes Jersey Care.

In terms of that specific issue I don't know since I don't have experience with it, but he is an MFM and one of the top of the field, so I would feel comfortable with any issue. I actually had my first in Columbia (lived in NY) in the high risk group there and he used to work there and knew my doctor (and she actually was his wife's doctor too lol)

He's very nice, makes jokes/friendly small talk, but also professional and gets the job done. He isn't an alarmist as far as I've seen, never trying to scare me about anything, yet being on top of the issue.

All the nurses and other doctors/midwives that I've crossed paths with so far are really nice. I have to go in twice a week for monitoring so I was scheduling a lot of appointments and the office staff was very accomadating, calling back with updates since some of the weeks I needed they didn't have at first, etc.

Oh and his partner Dr. Sweat is also an MFM (the rest of the doctors are not) and she's very very sweet and also highly competent.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 4:09 pm
FYI, new residents start in July, at all hospitals.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 4:25 pm
oneofakind wrote:
FYI, new residents start in July, at all hospitals.

So I guess it's good I'm due in May Whew

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 4:30 pm
You have no control over who delivers you. If you’re high risk that may not be a good option.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 4:47 pm
oneofakind wrote:
I heard that residents in Monmouth deliver.

He delivers in RWJ.
He is an excellent doc but doesn’t necessarily deliver. I also love Dr Sweat , she is so nice!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 5:41 pm
Thanks for the info! If u have questions or concerns is it easy to get through to him? What abt making appointments?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 9:44 pm
I just found this post ( https://www.imamother.com/foru.....12670 )from last year and got completely scared off from using him. Does anyone know anything more?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:41 am
amother OP wrote:
I just found this post ( https://www.imamother.com/foru.....12670 )from last year and got completely scared off from using him. Does anyone know anything more?

Yup I was the OP of that post.

So I went for one appt met Dr Sweat she was really sweet but she said very clearly 99% chance you will have a resident deliver you. I left and didn't come back.

I was trying for a VBAC and would not risk that in this practice.

I also called a highly respected medical askan who said he is a 9-5 Dr so if you are high risk and have a scheduled induction / C section then he is a good option. (Besides for teh bedside manner which is horrible)
BUT if you are not the above when you come into the hospital you will be treated like an immigrant..

Suffice it to say that was enough for me to run the other way.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:47 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Yup I was the OP of that post.

So I went for one appt met Dr Sweat she was really sweet but she said very clearly 99% chance you will have a resident deliver you. I left and didn't come back.

I was trying for a VBAC and would not risk that in this practice.

I also called a highly respected medical askan who said he is a 9-5 Dr so if you are high risk and have a scheduled induction / C section then he is a good option. (Besides for teh bedside manner which is horrible)
BUT if you are not the above when you come into the hospital you will be treated like an immigrant..

Suffice it to say that was enough for me to run the other way.

Love Dr Sweat. She is so nice. Dr Rosen you have to prepare yourself for his personality but medically he is great.
They won’t treat you like an immigrant, you will be delivered by the residents or RWJ OB on call with MFM overseeing. I’ve had very good experiences there. A lot of their doctors are very good. Dr McMillain, Dr Ebert, Dr Ayer’s. Great Doctors. If you don’t want a resident there ask for them to leave but that is a problem if you have a C Section, you don’t know who is really doing the work.
A scheduled CSection with Dr Sweat should be great tho. It’s an unplanned C Section that would worry me but most likely it would go well either way.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 9:35 am
When you have a question or concern after hours what do u do? In general are they easy to get through to and make appointments?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries