Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What's an appropriate combined gift for new baby and Pesach?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 3:20 pm
I like to give my son's tutor a gift before chagim. Last week his wife had a baby so I want to give a combined gift for the new baby and Pesach. Any ideas of something appropriate? He's a 30-something-year-old yeshivish guy with a bunch of little kids. Israeli. (We live in Israel.) I don't think they're lacking financially though they live a simple lifestyle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 3:27 pm
Money.
And a onesie for the baby.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 3:37 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
Money.
And a onesie for the baby.

Thanks. I'd rather not give cash. Maybe a gift card? But for a baby store or something more Pesach related?

nw11

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 3:48 pm
I would give an outfit for the baby and a non-muktza toy/game for the other kids. Everyone appreciates a new pesach toy.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:45 pm
nw11 wrote:
I would give an outfit for the baby and a non-muktza toy/game for the other kids. Everyone appreciates a new pesach toy.

Thanks. I like this idea.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:48 pm
New games / toys for the other kids in the family

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. I'd rather not give cash. Maybe a gift card? But for a baby store or something more Pesach related?

Whats your reason for not giving cash? Just curious.
If the gift is for the family then maybe a gift card to a store (you dont have amazon right? thats what I would give), if its a gift for the tutor, thats why I suggested money so that he isnt limited to a specific store

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:41 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
Whats your reason for not giving cash? Just curious.
If the gift is for the family then maybe a gift card to a store (you dont have amazon right? thats what I would give), if its a gift for the tutor, thats why I suggested money so that he isnt limited to a specific store

Hard to explain, but I guess I just don't like how it looks. There are gifts cards here for multiple stores in one card, so I can consider giving him something like that.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:04 pm
A Moses basket. Thematically appropriate for pesach and useful for a newborn.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:37 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
A Moses basket. Thematically appropriate for pesach and useful for a newborn.

Lol 😂😂😂
Honestly, though, it’s a bit of a random baby gift if you don’t know someone well.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:46 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
Lol 😂😂😂
Honestly, though, it’s a bit of a random baby gift if you don’t know someone well.

I was actually serious😜 Any baby gift is random. I’ve gotten toys that wouldn’t be useful for another year, girly stuff for a boy, outfits that were too small or required ironing, expired diapers, a matching nursing nightgown and newborn onesie… my close friends ask what I need. Anyone else gets random stuff. A Moses basket is beautiful and useful. If the family doesn’t like it, they don’t have to use it. The sentiment is there regardless.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 11:12 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
I was actually serious😜 Any baby gift is random. I’ve gotten toys that wouldn’t be useful for another year, girly stuff for a boy, outfits that were too small or required ironing, expired diapers, a matching nursing nightgown and newborn onesie… my close friends ask what I need. Anyone else gets random stuff. A Moses basket is beautiful and useful. If the family doesn’t like it, they don’t have to use it. The sentiment is there regardless.

Sweet idea, but I'm sure they don't even know what a Moses basket is, so the connection to Pesach would be lost on them. It would just be a basket which they have little use for and would clutter up their tiny apartment. They're extremely practical people, so I'd rather go for something they could use.

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 2:42 am
amother OP wrote:

I would do:
Best Shai Gift Card
Or Osher Ad Gift Card (they have appliances too so they can get something they need from there if they need)

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 2:59 am
I always think a game for the older children is always welcome, and a cute outfit for the baby.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 12:20 am
Any ideas for a nice game for kids age 10-11 and under? They don't speak English, only Hebrew.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 12:33 am
Why don’t you get a Gold Card?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 12:34 am
amother Coral wrote:
Why don’t you get a Gold Card?

Because I did that for Purim.

shanie5

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 3:26 pm
What's a moses basket?

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 5:16 pm
A few good games for those ages:

Sherlock
תפוס את הדרקון
אנדרלמוסיה
אוצרות

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 5:46 pm
Tof Umachol wrote:
A few good games for those ages:

Sherlock
תפוס את הדרקון
אנדרלמוסיה
אוצרות

Thanks! תפוס את הדרקון is one of the games I bought. Glad to hear it's a good one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics