Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach prep-where r u holding?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:25 am
This can be a place for encouragement, validation or just to brag a little if you choose. Maybe itll give others a boost to continue or a reminder that they CAN DO IT Very Happy

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:32 am
Making my shopping lists today.
Kashering my kitchen tonight.
Going shopping tomorrow. Cooking tomorrow, Thursday, Friday, and Monday.
Prepping for Seder Sunday and Monday.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:33 am
Cleaning out kitchen today, hopefully finishing shopping list today, and turning over tomorrow. Rest of the house is done apart from the kitchen.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:35 am
Turning over today BH and cooking for a week straight. We're hosting and we hardly use any ingredients so I really have my work cut out for me.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:37 am
amother Valerian wrote:
Turning over today BH and cooking for a week straight. We're hosting and we hardly use any ingredients so I really have my work cut out for me.

Good luck! We are hosting the whole time also, but I buy.

ganmama

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:39 am
We didn’t have gan on Sunday so I shopped. The rest of the week we do have gan… I’m flipping Motzei Shabbos.

The bedrooms and bathrooms are clean (need a final mop and the sheets changed) and have been checked. No tiny people have chometz this week, so I know they’ll stay chometz free…

My cupboard are mostly cleared, so they need to be wiped out.

We have to look at what we have as far as dishes and make a list of things to buy/toivel.

I think we’re in a good place all things considered.

English3

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:39 am
Turning over today. I'm exactly two weeks postpartum and bh getting there, hopefully I wont get to overwhelmed with handling the chometz with my toddlers.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:42 am
English3 wrote:
Turning over today. I'm exactly two weeks postpartum and bh getting there, hopefully I wont get to overwhelmed with handling the chometz with my toddlers.

Oh wow! Mazel tov! I think you're amazing for being up to here 2 weeks PP.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:45 am
English3 wrote:

I think you're a superwoman! I gave birth this past Friday and I'm beyond grateful that I'll be going to my parents for Yom Tov with my 5 kids.

Good for you! Hope all goes smoothly and you have an amazing YT.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:46 am
Already Kashered and mostly closed up
Microwave still open

Today
Grocery shopping
Might go clothes shopping tonight for myself
Start with some desserts

Tomorrow -Friday
All meats (mostly easy stuff)
Some veg kugels
More desserts
Things I could freeze
Shabbat food

At home it’s just DH and myself
The kids will start coming Friday and Sunday

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:56 am
Baked some cakes and cookies. Turning over regular kitchen Thursday iyh. Will cook Sunday/Monday.

Rappel

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 8:00 am
Kitchen done
Shopping done
Much of the cooking - done

I didn't go clothing shopping , but now I'm in bed with fever. So maybe not going to get done

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 8:32 am
Rappel wrote:
Kitchen done
Shopping done
Much of the cooking - done

I didn't go clothing shopping , but now I'm in bed with fever. So maybe not going to get done

Refuah Shelaimah!

I'll make everyone else feel good lol. I've cleaned one bedroom and part of the DR. Hoping to somehow turn over on Motzei Shabbos. We only have one day of YT so I only need to cook 2 meals.
I did most of my shopping already and menu. Cleaning need to do kitchen, finish DR, LR, BR, quick check of BA, and porch.

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 8:43 am
amother Petunia wrote:
Refuah Shelaimah!

I'll make everyone else feel good lol. I've cleaned one bedroom and part of the DR. Hoping to somehow turn over on Motzei Shabbos. We only have one day of YT so I only need to cook 2 meals.
I did most of my shopping already and menu. Cleaning need to do kitchen, finish DR, LR, BR, quick check of BA, and porch.

I plan on turning over Thursday night and I'm not too far behind you. We only cleaned the playroom closet. Kids did their drawers. Cleaning lady did her regular cleaning but asked her to do a bit better. She is coming tomorrow to help me with the kitchen. Dh is going to do rest of house. Besides kitchen. Rest of house is probably a couple.hours tops.

Someone gifted me a car cleaning so that was done bh.

Pesach cleaning shouldn't take hours. It's literally just looking for chometz.

I am also 5 weeks post partum bh.

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 8:44 am
We did my bedroom and my husband's study/guest room
Today we'll do the dining room I hope

I have a newborn and a toddler, very grateful to be going away!

Highstrung

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 8:47 am
My plan for today is to continue in the kitchen and do the bulk shopping this evening . I’m working all day , so I did some kitchen work this morning before work and will do some after .
Tomorrow I plan to turn over the kitchen but the rest of my house for the most part wasn’t touched yet . I’m taking it very easy . I don’t feel stressed which is kind of weird for me since I usually start Pesach cleaning 12 weeks in advance. This year is different. I have a lot going on in my life and Pesach prep took the back seat for now. I know I’ll get there , so not worried or nervous . It just won’t have all the spring cleaning involved that I usually like to do.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 8:49 am
Did most of house besides dining room
Am in process of cleaning and kashering kitchen
Want to finish covering by tomorrow noon

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 8:51 am
I have no help and work fulltime. Bh we are only home chol hamoed and last days. I do need to bake to take along so we have breakfast and snacks.

I hope to kosher tomorrow night. It means I have to clean my fridge and stove in the next 24 hours.

My teen kids refuse to help. They don't say it outright, they just tell me that they will help at 2 pm, in 10 minutes. Dh just tells me he is exhausted because he works. I feel like crying.
No idea how I will manage when we do stay home all Pesach (which is likely next year, for various reasons)

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 8:56 am
Going away for shabbous want to cover counters wash all linens Thursday maybe even set the Seder table Thursday… most of cooking is done.. I get so stressed about pesach I start right after Chanukah. Not having guest first days unfortunately

English3

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 9:28 am
amother Calendula wrote:
I think you're a superwoman! I gave birth this past Friday and I'm beyond grateful that I'll be going to my parents for Yom Tov with my 5 kids.

Good for you! Hope all goes smoothly and you have an amazing YT.

Behind every superwoman is an amazing cleaner. Bh didnt do much, I have a cleaner for six hours a week and we have slowly gotten there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics