Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Hand Foot and Mouth in Toddler - Of Course Erev Pesach

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 11:44 am
Thanks, Hashem, great timing. Rolling Eyes

I was hoping to get the kitchen fully cleaned for Pesach today and kasher/turn over tomorrow. Now my toddler can’t go to playgroup because he has hand foot and mouth disease. 😩

According to his pediatrician, my immunocompromised baby and my husband and I are all likely to get it as well.

Any advice? I saw a recommendation on another thread for TFH treatment, can someone clarify what that is and where to get it?

TIA.

Rahhhhhhhh.

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 12:46 pm
Adults do not typically get it but it is possible. I’m sorry, it sucks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:17 pm
tichellady wrote:
Adults do not typically get it but it is possible. I’m sorry, it sucks

Thank you for the validation. Hug I’m so stressed.

I’ve seen TFH (?) treatment recommended on here - anyone know what it is or where to get it?

tweety1

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 8:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for the validation. Hug I’m so stressed.

I’ve seen TFH (?) treatment recommended on here - anyone know what it is or where to get it?

Most local health food stores sell it. It's from MR company. If you follow the exact instructions (which is quite intense) it works bezras hashem.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 8:35 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Most local health food stores sell it. It's from MR company. If you follow the exact instructions (which is quite intense) it works bezras hashem.

But what is it? A powder? A cream? I looked online but could not find anything called that.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 10:18 pm
Ugh horrible! Worst week of my life ! Sending hugs

chava101

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 10:38 pm
Goat milk - put directly from the goat provides immediate relief. Do you live in the Monsey area? if you do you could PM me for the number.

tweety1

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 10:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
But what is it? A powder? A cream? I looked online but could not find anything called that.

A,spray.
Google Search
https://www.google.com/imgres?.....osaic
This is just a picture of what the product is. Worked wonders for my kids.

fig

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:39 am
Elderberry syrup works as well

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 3:04 am
My DD, 1 year old just had it. She had a fever for half the day then was fine. The spots didn't bother her at all. We washed our hands well and didn't share cups. No one else got it.

As far as viruses go, I found this one quite mild.

Success10

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 3:09 am
Iymnok wrote:
My DD, 1 year old just had it. She had a fever for half the day then was fine. The spots didn't bother her at all. We washed our hands well and didn't share cups. No one else got it.

As far as viruses go, I found this one quite mild.

Then you got off easy. When my toddler got it (twice, one year apart) it was a week and a half of misery. He couldn't eat or take a paci out of pain in his mouth. There are some serums and apparently fresh goats milk help ease the pain, but ultimately, there is not much in terms of guaranteed relief.

The other members of the family will catch it, but there will only be symptoms in younger children, until about 5 years old. After that, you are just an asymptomatic carrier. Adults are less likely to spread to others if they keep good hygiene.

Davening it goes quickly for you, OP.

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:32 am
My toddler got it twice and both times gave it to me, so not so sure about the adults not getting it thing. I was in so much pain and couldn't walk bc they where all over my feet, I couldn't use my hands either bc they where also all over my hands. Even eating wasn't easy bc it was in my mouth too!!! I was literally struggling existing and still had to take care of my sick baby. Both times it lasted about a week.

Iyh you won't get it but its definitely possible and it's not pleasant.

happy chick

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:58 am
My 2 yr old also just had it. Ugh! She was miserable. My Dr gave me Nystatin to give her orally. It's meant to be swished around the mouth and spit out but doc said it's fine that she just swallow it. It doesn't help the virus, but eases the symptoms so they can eat/drink. Refuah shleima.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:10 pm
Thank you so much for the info about the spray!

The rash on DS' face is looking a little better now bli ayin hara.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:14 pm
chava101 wrote:
Goat milk - put directly from the goat provides immediate relief. Do you live in the Monsey area? if you do you could PM me for the number.

Actually, most pediatricians do not recommend this. It might help in the moment but unpasteurized milk comes with it's own issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics