Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shopping for a new body!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:25 pm
I just found out I’m BH expecting! I’ve never done this before! Should I buy maternity summer clothing? How long will it take before I should show publicly? How can I hide it if Im showing early? I think I’m gaining weight already… I’m already up to my eighth week and didn’t realize I was positive! This is all new to me and I don’t know who to ask! TMI

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:31 pm
I only start showing at the end of the 6th month. I carry small!
You dont know how you'll look as this is your first. Wear your clothing until its uncomfortable.
Worry about winter when it comes, BH being pregnant in winter is so easy with oversized sweaters.
Apparalal makes a gorgeous maternity skirt. I like memoi maternity tights too.

I wear the same bra, underwear and shells

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 6:53 pm
One shows at month four.

You might get a loose dress or two. Do a search "travel dress" and get a size larger than you usually wear. Get an obviously flared skirt one. You can put other things over it, even in summer.

As Amazon delivers fast, you don't have to worry. You can get things as you need them.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 7:02 pm
With my first I didn’t show until almost 6 months and wore looser fitting stuff. Mia mod basic skirt is awesome it stretches with you and is super comfortable. I bought 2 and lived in them
Buy as you need because you don’t know how you will carry and where you’ll gain weight
Bshaa tova!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 9:59 pm
Thank you for your tips! I do think I have a belly now maybe it’s bloat from being pregnant TMI so I think everyone can tell

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 10:12 pm
You will actually show show 5/6 months.
Worth it to buy most of your maternity wardrobe later on like in the summer. Things will be on sale later on and you will get a better idea of how large you will actually carry.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Apr 17 2024, 10:36 pm
You can get really bloated in the first few months. With my first I started actually (not bloated) showing at about 4 months. But I am also very small. Everyone is different.
With my first I got a bunch of bigger size clothes for the begining and I used them postpartum also. I didn't wear actual maternity until around 6 months.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:21 am
amother Cerise wrote:
You can get really bloated in the first few months. With my first I started actually (not bloated) showing at about 4 months. But I am also very small. Everyone is different.
With my first I got a bunch of bigger size clothes for the begining and I used them postpartum also. I didn't wear actual maternity until around 6 months.

I think I will be similar. I’m very small so everything shows when I’m a little bloated

oneofakind

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:28 am
I'm small so everything shows early. For the summer there are lots of regular loose cotton dresses to carry you through. These days it looks like maternity runs smaller than regular clothing. Just my observation.
I needed maternity underwear, different size bras and maternity pantyhose. If your clothing is too tight, it can put pressure on your stomach and make you feel ill , not to mention, it doesn't look good either.
Bshaa Tova
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics