Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Best Chinese food in flatbush?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:50 am
Either takeout or restaurant? Tia

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:08 pm
My absolute favorite place is kosher glatt family
it is super cheap and delicious. Try their chicken fried dumplings, egg rolls, and chicken lo mein. It's to die for
It is a bit of a hole in the wall, so avoid if that bothers u

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:24 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
it is super cheap and delicious. Try their chicken fried dumplings, egg rolls, and chicken lo mein. It's to die for
is this the one on coney between ave L and M?

wanttobehappy

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:25 pm
China Glatt best restaurant in the world in my humble opinion ex there spare ribs and sesame chicken

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
is this the one on coney between ave L and M?

The address is 4305 18th ave

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:31 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

Agree, it's the best!

tigerwife

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:39 pm
Does Estihana still exist? I still crave their crispy beef and udon chicken noodle soup. Never had these dishes anywhere else as good.

honey bunny

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:50 pm
Fuji haha ave u east 5th

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:51 pm
honey bunny wrote:
Fuji haha ave u east 5th

Isn’t it Japanese

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:03 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
The address is 4305 18th ave
do they deliver?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:14 pm
I think a dive is an understatement based on the Health Inspection

Glatt Kosher Family
January 26, 2023 — Followup Inspection

Violations
Establishment is not free of harborage or conditions conducive to rodents, insects or other pests.
Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
Non-food contact surface or equipment made of unacceptable material, not kept clean, or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
Evidence of mice or live mice in establishment's food or non-food areas.

Of course that is an improvement from 2022

Violations: July 25, 2022

Non-food contact surface or equipment made of unacceptable material, not kept clean, or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
Food, supplies, and equipment not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
Cold TCS food item held above 41 °F; smoked or processed fish held above 38 °F; intact raw eggs held above 45 °F; or reduced oxygen packaged (ROP) TCS foods held above required temperatures except during active necessary preparation.
Establishment is not free of harborage or conditions conducive to rodents, insects or other pests.

A frequent flyer offender in terms of sanitation

GLATT KOSHER FAMILY
4305 18TH AVE

From 2017 but I imagine there are signficant violations in between

Violation points: 41

Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
Live roaches present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:35 pm
Chap a nosh!

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:

Glatt Kosher Family

Violations
Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.

Food, supplies, and equipment not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
Cold TCS food item held above 41 °F; smoked or processed fish held above 38 °F; intact raw eggs held above 45 °F; or reduced oxygen packaged (ROP) TCS foods held above required temperatures except during active necessary preparation.

GLATT KOSHER FAMILY
4305 18TH AVE

Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.

I have witnessed atrocities at other popular restaurants in Brooklyn. It seems like eating out is a risk in many places. That being said, the food was always delicious and I never heard of anyone getting sick. But I haven't eaten there on more than a decade. Caveat emptor, I guess.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:58 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I have witnessed atrocities at other popular restaurants in Brooklyn. It seems like eating out is a risk in many places. That being said, the food was always delicious and I never heard of anyone getting sick. But I haven't eaten there on more than a decade. Caveat emptor, I guess.

I have two thoughts.

First is why you would trust the kosher standards of a restaurant which completely ignores basic hygiene standards repeatedly. It would seem that they are willing to cut corners and not follow procedures in one area so why not in another.

Also from what I have read, people get ill from food contamination quite frequently but don’t realize it as they think they just have a bit of indigestion or whatever unless it is really serious and even then it is hard to know exactly what it was caused by

mpk

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:03 pm
Sauteed, the new restaurant on Coney Island Ave bet. Avenues N and O has great Chinese and nice ambiance.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:25 pm
How do you look violations about any restaurant?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 2:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do you look violations about any restaurant?

There is a database where you can look up restaurants but every restaurant needs to display the grade so you can see it from the street.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 3:58 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

Be careful. This place had very serious hashgacha issues.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 3:59 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:

Glatt Kosher Family

Violations

GLATT KOSHER FAMILY
4305 18TH AVE

This fits with their neglect in kashrus as well. Best idea to stay away.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 4:09 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Be careful. This place had very serious hashgacha issues.

I am not defending them but my understanding is that they are not affiliated with the restaurant in Monsey that had well publicized issues with kosher

However, you could no doubt check them out.

I wouldn't eat there on the basis of hygiene Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries