Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Should I give my curly kid bangs?
Previous  1  2

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:48 pm
What kind of curls does your daughter have? Tight? In between wavy/curly?

sarah14

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:18 pm
Also a no

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:19 pm
Nope. Absolutely not!!!

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:22 pm
If she wants it, then do it! Why is it a no? It’s her hair and it will grow back. Let kids live and not be an accessory for the mom.

FYI, the photos above are curly hair, wavy, which your daughter likely has, will not look like that, I find it even harder to control. But still, I did it for my 6 year old with wavy hair as well and she looked cute! Even if it wasn’t perfectly neat all the time. And in a year it grew back and she was happy. Big deal.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:29 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Alot of people are clueless when it comes to curls in general. If you learn how to take care of them the bangs aren't so hard.

I never did bangs much since my BY drilled it in me that getting them would look too wild and inappropriate for a BY girl but I have my regrets....

That’s hilarious, which years were you in high school? When I was in high school, 75% had bangs (side or front) and most of us had to iron or blow dry daily 😂

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:32 pm
tigerwife wrote:
That’s hilarious, which years were you in high school? When I was in high school, 75% had bangs (side or front) and most of us had to iron or blow dry daily 😂

I remember those days. I used to wash them in the sink before school and blow dry

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:35 pm
Nopes

Bleemee

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:41 pm
tigerwife wrote:

Oh I thought she was referencing the curly part.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:51 pm
No

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 2:18 am
Bleemee wrote:
Oh I thought she was referencing the curly part.

Yes the curly part. My hair is similar to the first photo I sent, it's big with a lot of volume, and I already had it short enough to wear out in school which my school was not happy about since it looked wild and u kept my principal would grumble to me.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 2:47 am
Thanks all. I think I'm going to continue discouraging for now. I generally give my kids leeway with style but this kid likes to look very fashionable and neat (for a 6yo) and she is expecting it to lay flat like her doll and her friend. I think she will just be disappointed and it will make me a whole lot more work on already busy mornings. When she's bigger and deals with it herself she can do what she wants. Thanks again for all the input.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all. I think I'm going to continue discouraging for now. I generally give my kids leeway with style but this kid likes to look very fashionable and neat (for a 6yo) and she is expecting it to lay flat like her doll and her friend. I think she will just be disappointed and it will make me a whole lot more work on already busy mornings. When she's bigger and deals with it herself she can do what she wants. Thanks again for all the input.

My daughter was 9 when she asked me and similar in tastes and hair to yours.

I did cut it, because we needed some positive exchanges between us and it wasn't worth to say no...

After a few months I can tell you it's not terrible. She plays with it constantly, patting it down, but she looks cute. It does curl up sometimes, but like I said - she's on top of it! I personally don't care much if it's messy- but she does.

Bleemee

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 2:48 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Yes the curly part. My hair is similar to the first photo I sent, it's big with a lot of volume, and I already had it short enough to wear out in school which my school was not happy about since it looked wild and u kept my principal would grumble to me.

I hope you ever wore it wet to school 😜
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics