Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Favorite pesach kitchen hack according to your minhag
Previous  1  2

Cheiny

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:53 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
Not food, but I have a French door fridge with bottom drawer freezer. I used a mop to clean the inside this year. I’ve realized I’m not a contortionist. Done in under two minutes!

I don’t get it. Why is that so much easier than washing it out by hand?

imthatawesome

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 1:07 pm
Cheiny wrote:

I’m assuming it’s because instead of bending over and putting in elbow grease to rub the walls of the freezer you can just stand upright and twiddle the mop around

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 1:46 pm
Further notes re: paprika
You must dry e/t very well, I used a whole roll of paper towels as I was cutting them

I am sure with real pans it would have gone faster, I was being lazy (but STOOPID, because if it went faster I might have gotten more sleep!)

I turned off the oven about 3 or 4 am (I forget... so about 5-6 hours) then put it back on now for about another half hour.

Almost e/t was done so I pulled out any red pieces - which means they are not hard but have some give, and I put those back in with the oven off. If you try to grind with any pieces that are not dry, you will mess up your powdery texture.

Sigh. Was it worth it? I could really just buy some and make DH a plain ugly plain piece of whatever (chicken, fish etc). And next year I may, because my hands are really sore...

For those who use a dehydrator, do you have to slice really thin or it works on bigger pieces?

HA, I just noticed I'm amother Coffee. How ironic!

imthatawesome

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Further notes re: paprika
You must dry e/t very well, I used a whole roll of paper towels as I was cutting them

I am sure with real pans it would have gone faster, I was being lazy (but STOOPID, because if it went faster I might have gotten more sleep!)

I turned off the oven about 3 or 4 am (I forget... so about 5-6 hours) then put it back on now for about another half hour.

Almost e/t was done so I pulled out any red pieces - which means they are not hard but have some give, and I put those back in with the oven off. If you try to grind with any pieces that are not dry, you will mess up your powdery texture.

Sigh. Was it worth it? I could really just buy some and make DH a plain ugly plain piece of whatever (chicken, fish etc). And next year I may, because my hands are really sore...

For those who use a dehydrator, do you have to slice really thin or it works on bigger pieces?

HA, I just noticed I'm amother Coffee. How ironic!

Instead of driving yourself nuts to slice it thin, buy a mandolin slicer and cut free gloves. You’ll have super thin slices in no time

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 1:52 pm
Cheiny wrote:

The way the drawer frame is structured makes it very difficult to reach the back. I’ve had my kids crawl in there some years. I take out all the removable parts and do those by hand.

amother
Daphne

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 2:47 pm
Be boring
Don’t try to get dramatic pesach food isn’t that exciting with so few ingredients. I stick with what o know works.
I only made chicken soup for example

busy mommy

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 4:04 pm
I had extra apple crumble topping so I added an egg to it and made cookies. Delicious!

amother
Broom

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 4:16 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Roasting I understand, as thats the halacha, but why no frying or baking?

Baked chicken and roasted chicken are pretty much the same thing. We only do stove top chicken or meat. So chicken paprikash, stuffed cabbage, corned beef are some ideas…

CPenzias

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 6:29 pm
For me seder meal I boil corned beef with cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions. It comes out so yummy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics