Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Package in USPS limbo land, please advise?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:14 am
So I live in Israel but sent one my kids to family in the US for Pesach. I took her shopping before sending her and we found a dress she likes in Kidichic, but she needed one size bigger and the store didn't have. So no problem, I ordered it from the US online store to be shipping to my family member's house in the US. everything seemed on track, was supposed to arrive in plenty of time, etc. the email from KidichicUSA said "out for delivery" so I wasn't worried.

now I found out it never arrived... went to check the tracking and it seems that there's an update (from wednesday). it says "your item was forwarded to a different address... this was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or zip code on the label was incorrect."

so yes it seems that I needed to have used a different city/zip code combo (this has changed over the years, and I didn't keep up).

question is what to do now? can my family member call/show up at the post office on monday and ask for the package? is there anything I can do to increase the chances of success?

the package is addressed to my name. will they tell her they can't give it to her because she's not me? what can I do to make them allow it?

thank you very much in advance for any help or advice! this is the dress my daughter is really excited about to wear to the seder...

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:26 am
Try calling USPS. Send her a copy of your ID so she can go in and ask them about it. Hatzlacha.

Don't stress over it. We know that important to your daughter but in prospective it's not worth eating yourself over it. She will enjoy her Yom Tov if she stays calm and happy. Gam Zu letova.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:28 am
call USPS or call the local branch of the post office, where it seems it is probably sitting?

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:36 am
The local branch

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 2:53 am
amother Papaya wrote:
Try calling USPS. Send her a copy of your ID so she can go in and ask them about it. Hatzlacha.

Don't stress over it. We know that important to your daughter but in prospective it's not worth eating yourself over it. She will enjoy her Yom Tov if she stays calm and happy. Gam Zu letova.

I’m not Op but I could use your voice in brain when I’m stressing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 12:08 am
amother Blue wrote:
I’m not Op but I could use your voice in brain when I’m stressing.

YES!!! as OP--I appreciated that!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 12:13 am
The end of the story--my family member called the local branch. They said they would deliver it on erev YT. as far as whether they did or did not, I have no idea. But BH did not stress about it after that point. BH. I spoke to my daughter, heard/saw that she is totally okay. I will wait to hear from her after YT, but it didn't sound like her wellbeing was dependent on the dress. BH grateful for that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics