Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What are you doing Thursday?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 1:34 pm
What to do with teens on such a hot day? We don't do well with anything really crowded around us, or anything really loud, but also not lookomg for museums that are just looking at things (they have already vetoed doing the science museum again.) We usually do outdoor trips.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 1:49 pm
Playing laser tag at ammunition hill.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 8:31 pm
Can you do a game day at home? Unfortunately heat wave on chol hamoed plus avoiding crowds and noise doesn't leave you with many options. Most indoor places will be crowded. And places with reserved time slots are most probably all booked up.

Maybe an arts and crafts type of activity?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 8:46 pm
Going to the Kosel for Birchas Kohanim, we love it. May we be zocha that all klal Yisroel gather at the Bais Hamikdosh very soon!

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 10:05 pm
I'm walking 20 min to do something in my city. Sounds crazy in this heat, but I tolerate heat really well when I'm waljing, but can't tolerate the stress of running around looking for my next bus stop when it's so hot I can barely see my phine and if I miss it I have a 45 minute wait in the middle of nowhere for my next bus...

I hate public transportation 😭
I'm sad because I had a chol hamoed trip planned but had to cancel because the car rental companies were all booked and pubkic transportation sucks so much 🤬

I know, I know, in some cities, to go to certain places at certain times, PT can be reliable and convienient, but when you need 3 bus transfers to get where you want to go (and have never been before) and it's 107 degrees, you need a car.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 10:06 pm
Quote:
Going to the Kosel for Birchas Kohanim, we love it. May we be zocha that all klal Yisroel gather at the Bais Hamikdosh very soon!

I'm on my way there right now!

Then a quiet afternoon with new books and crafts, and a barbecue this evening g when it will be cooler.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 10:33 pm
https://I.imgur.com/Skkq49X.jpeg

This is the crowd heading through Sha'ar Yafo.

When I think of the corona years, and how hard it was to get into the Old City, and the fact that there is a war going on right now, and the heat, its wonderful to see so many people wanting to come to Birkat Kohanim.

It is already feeling hot, and will be worse in the crowd. They are handing out bottles of water, but come with more, and wear hats.

People are being directed down through the Arab shuk (with suitable security) or round through the parking lot. The residential area of the Old City is closed, to help maintain some normal life for the people who live there.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 11:02 pm
Elfrida wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/Skkq49X.jpeg

This is the crowd heading through Sha'ar Yafo.

When I think of the corona years, and how hard it was to get into the Old City, and the fact that there is a war going on right now, and the heat, its wonderful to see so many people wanting to come to Birkat Kohanim.

It is already feeling hot, and will be worse in the crowd. They are handing out bottles of water, but come with more, and wear hats.

People are being directed down through the Arab shuk (with suitable security) or round through the parking lot. The residential area of the Old City is closed, to help maintain some normal life for the people who live there.

I was there for slichos on the busiest day this past year and they redirected the same way.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 11:13 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Playing laser tag at ammunition hill.

Can you post the link for this? I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. Thanks!

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 12:05 am
Yesterday went to the beach and today we found a Glass Workshop. It’s not cheap. I can’t find anything else to do that. All the family wants to do it it’s going to be our one big activity. We so badly want to do some of these water type hikes but I think they’re just going to be too crowded. We’re too far away from us. I can’t sit in traffic for three hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions