Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Older siblings reactions to newborn - funny
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 7:50 pm
I am looking for a laugh. I love such stories so if you have, share away!

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 7:57 pm
My oldest, when my second was born, was about 16 months. He looked at the baby and promptly smacked him. (He quickly grew to love him).

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:06 pm
My oldest was 10 months and didn't notice him until he cried few minutes later and it really scared him he came rushing over to us bawling

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:21 pm
When I told my three years old I was going to be having two babies. And he burst out crying. I was shocked and asked him what's the matter. He said where is he going to sleep. Are they going to take his spot.Because he usually came in every night into my bed. He knew without skipping a beat that change was coming.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:33 pm
We have a video of my oldest coming to visit me in the hospital with my in-laws and he looks at the baby and is completely enthralled. Then for whatever reason my father in law took out a sandwich at which point he promptly forgot about the baby and started yelling for the sandwich.

My friend picked another one of my kids up from school and was bringing him home to see his new baby sister (also on video Smile he refused to get out of the car and was sobbing that baby was mean.

Kids, you gotta love em.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:49 pm
These made me chuckle. Keep em coming!

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:53 pm
My second was born when my first was 2.5. DH brought 2.5 to DS to visit me in the hospital and DS ran up to me calling, "Mommy, you bought me a baby???"

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 9:40 pm
When we brought my second son home my first was just over 2. He looked at the baby and asked me’ “where’s the baby’s mommy?”. Haha he didn’t realize he’d have to share me!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 9:42 pm
Not about the baby per se but when Dd age 3 saw my flatter stomach she said ‘Hashem took away your fat stomach and gave it to another mommy!’

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:15 pm
After a bunch of boys I had a baby girl BH. One of the boys asked me when they first saw her "are you sure she is a girl? she has such short hair..."

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:19 pm
I have it on video

it would go viral if I would share it

2 y o walked in silently

Walked over to newborn

silently staaaared

looked at me and dh
Made cutest shocked funny face
"what is it?
Can I touch it?"

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:24 pm
Bh just had a baby.(Bh number 5)

Dd3 is very attached to me and very babyish. I told her a few weeks before that we are going to have a baby. Everyday when I picked her up from school she would ask me if I went to the baby store to pick up the baby yet.

Her initial reaction to the baby was just crying. (This was right when baby was born)
Later on in the day she ask me when I'm picking up the other baby. I said we already got a baby so she said no she doesn't like this one and I should get a different one.

Bh now she loves him.

When he was a couple days old she heard him crying and came to me with a whole bag of m&M's. She told me that she's going to give them to him so he stops crying. I explained to her that he doesn't have teeth so he can't eat them. Few minutes later she comes back with applesauce and told me I should give the baby that. I told her the baby can only eat from mommy's belly. The next thing I know all her dolls are "nursing". Lol

hodeez

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:28 pm
These are adorable I love kids 💗

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:36 am
These are so cute!!!

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:04 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
When we brought my second son home my first was just over 2. He looked at the baby and asked me’ “where’s the baby’s mommy?”. Haha he didn’t realize he’d have to share me!

Similar except that after a few days (of appearing to enjoy her new sister) she turned to me and casually asked “so, when is her mommy coming to take her home?” She didn’t MIND the baby, was just apparently … confused Can't Believe It

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:12 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Similar except that after a few days (of appearing to enjoy her new sister) she turned to me and casually asked “so, when is her mommy coming to take her home?” She didn’t MIND the baby was just apparently … confused Can't Believe It

😂 I heard something similar. Older sibling has newborn sibling. After a few weeks, older sibling asks parents to take the "guest" home.

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:25 am
My second child was almost 3 when third child was born.
My sister went to my house to take her off the bus and since the baby was just born then she told her that we have a new baby boy. Dd burst out crying and my sister was trying to figure out what happened since she came off the bus happy.
Then while sobbing she finally got the words out she wanted a girl baby not a boy baby. A few seconds later she stops crying very suddenly and says “ I have a good idea just put him on a pink outfit and then he’ll be a girl baby!”
Such simple advice for all those wanting a different gender baby Wink

Eta: these two siblings are probably the closest at this point many years later

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:31 am
#1 girl
#2#3 b/g twins
When #4, a girl, was born, #1 asked " where is the boy?"

amother
Eggplant

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:37 am
My oldest is very possessive of me being only her mommy. She's over 3 and we're really grateful to be expecting a girl this summer but we knew we had to break it to her early to get used to the idea. At first she was extremely upset. She insisted she didn't want a baby. We we did the books and tried to make it special, but nothing was working.
One day, DH put a frozen song on in the car and she starting crying "I don't want an Anna!!" (Anna is the younger sister in Frozen.)
One night, I was playing pretending that the baby wasn't listening to me and giving her (pretend) ice cream and chocolate. She really loved that game, and I think it turned the tide for her. She was also really excited it's a girl.
Before Pesach she did a lot of daycare activities about baby Moshe. The other day she said she wanted us to name the baby "Baby Moshe". I told her that Moshe is a boy's name so we need to think of a different name. She said "I need it to be a he." She finally agreed it could be a "she" when I said we could call it Baby Moana. (Don't worry! Not happening in real life!)

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 8:21 am
My son was 6 when we told him we are having a baby. He says ok but that’s it otherwise we will be poor. We are pretty comfortable have no idea where he got that one from. We couldn’t stop laughing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics