Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Japanese/permanent straightening natural hair under cover?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:33 pm
Has anyone done Japanese straightening or permanent straightening treatment (chemical) on your hair if you cover it? The Mikva water washes out keratin and pro addiction treatments. The only challenge is that I think you can’t wear anything on your head for 24-48H so I would need to do it when I can stay home. Also it’s expensive.

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Has anyone done Japanese straightening or permanent straightening treatment (chemical) on your hair if you cover it? The Mikva water washes out keratin and pro addiction treatments. The only challenge is that I think you can’t wear anything on your head for 24-48H so I would need to do it when I can stay home. Also it’s expensive.

Sure!
How is the mikvah water different than any pool you go into in regards to the other treatments?
People still do it all the time

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:59 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Sure!
How is the mikvah water different than any pool you go into in regards to the other treatments?
People still do it all the time

Pool can ruin keratin treatments too, it’s the chlorine.

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
Pool can ruin keratin treatments too, it’s the chlorine.

Exactly, but people do it anyways....

They want their hair to look nice

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:16 pm
I did Japanese straight wings for a few years before I got married. It was over 15 years ago. It was amazing, a lifesaver for when I worked and had to run to simchas after work (I have terrible frizzy and curly hair)

I didn’t go to the Mikva, but I did go swimming occasionally and never noticed any problems.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 3:07 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Exactly, but people do it anyways....

They want their hair to look nice

My point is that it washed out so fast that it wasn’t worth the money, plus it still got icky under my Shaitel, but maybe Japanese is different bc it’s permanent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels