Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My 12month old is super flexible

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 12:18 pm
Hi mammas.
My 12 month old is super flexible.
she can make a split so naturally that she sometimes chills on the floor like that or even falls asleep.

is this normal and ok? Sometimes looks scary to my that somethings wrong with her joints

busy mommy

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 12:23 pm
I had the same and even took my daughter to an orthopedist just to make sure and he said she is just super flexible! We have pictures of her sitting and playing toys in a split! she must have been comfortable.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 12:26 pm
busy mommy wrote:
I had the same and even took my daughter to an orthopedist just to make sure and he said she is just super flexible! We have pictures of her sitting and playing toys in a split! she must have been comfortable.

oh your calming me down!
did she crawl normally?
she doesnt like to crawl and I think her hips are loose due to her always being in a split.
makes sense?

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:56 pm
I heard that it could be a sign of low muscle tone

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 3:29 pm
Connective tissue disorder like Eds. Subclinical or non classic.

busy mommy

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 7:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
oh your calming me down!
did she crawl normally?
she doesnt like to crawl and I think her hips are loose due to her always being in a split.
makes sense?

She started out crawling by sitting and scooting but them went to crawling and very shortly after cruising then walking. Her crawling stage was pretty short but orthopedist said her hips were not loose. (thats what I thought at the time as well) This was my experience and every baby every situation is different.

amother
Clear

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 7:07 pm
It’s often a sign of low muscle tone I’d have her evaluated to make sure her muscles are developing correctly.

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Apr 27 2024, 4:42 pm
Please check it out with a good doctor, it's called hypermobility. I have kids with mild cases it can have implications usually not serious but sometimes more serious.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 27 2024, 11:26 pm
amother Jade wrote:
Please check it out with a good doctor, it's called hypermobility. I have kids with mild cases it can have implications usually not serious but sometimes more serious.

thanks for this information!
Seems like I also have a small part of hypermobility because I am very flexible but not like my baby but I will definitely check this out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics