Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What makes you see a woman as a role model?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:37 pm
What about a woman makes you see her as a role model or someone that inspires you? What do you admire? My mother wasn’t healthy and I didn’t have older sisters or aunts. I feel like I’m still searching for that woman role model and I’m a married 32 year old woman.

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:41 pm
Married same amount of time.

I look up to someone who has a great relationship with her kids, and can be there for them without being a doormat.

Guess what I'm saying is someone who has healthy relationships...

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:43 pm
Don’t really have one

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:50 pm
Someone who is a genuinely happy person, sees the world in a positive light. Minimal complaining.

behappy2

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:51 pm
Someone who is calm, connected and grounded to those around them.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 12:58 pm
If her husband trusts her, she makes sure her family has clothes winter and summer, she's an Isha Yiras Hashem....

Aishes Chayil oddly doesn't mention cooking once. It does mention a lot about housekeeping and sewing. Also, it glorifies never sleeping.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 2:17 pm
Someone who makes me look forward, not fear, her stage in life

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 3:02 pm
A mother whose children openly love and cherish her She must have done something right, loved them unconditionally and raised them in an emotionally safe environment

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 3:20 pm
I see a role model someone whose there for her husband and kids. Someone who has derech Eretz to family and friends, someone who does what’s right, someone whose a great listener and gives great advice, someone who puts their right foot forward to be..
but all in all we are all trying, we are all trying to be Aishes Chayils. There is no contest, only HaShem can see what really goes on in between the closed doors and walls..

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 3:34 pm
I don’t see individuals as role models. I don’t believe any one person is perfect, and if they seem so, I suspect there are hidden issues. I see individual character traits as things I’d like to work towards if those would be helpful to me or my family.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 4:59 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
A mother whose children openly love and cherish her She must have done something right, loved them unconditionally and raised them in an emotionally safe environment

This!

yudiyu

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 6:11 pm
I really look up to educated women who are knowledgeable in Torah and have professions. Also I find these women are often quite active in their community.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 8:10 pm
Anyone who has patience with their children and doesn't lose control

Rappel

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 8:23 pm
Dignified kindness

rosegold446

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 8:49 pm
Someone who makes decisions with their mind instead of their emotions

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 9:24 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Someone who makes me look forward, not fear, her stage in life

Wow that’s so beautifully stated.

Batyah85

Post Tue, Apr 30 2024, 10:07 pm
Someone who shows realness.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 12:02 am
I look up to and respect different woman for different things.

One woman ten years older than me, I respect for her parenting.

Another, my mother's age, always knows what to say in awkward social settings and is very classy.

Another one, in her 80s k"h, exudes so much warmth I always love seeing her.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 1:47 am
This may not be the most healthy, but I look up to women are who super proficient in some area of expertise.

Like just being a nurse, no, but a nurse who really, really knows her stuff, yes. Same for other professions.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 2:04 am
My MIL is my role model.

She is an amazing balebusta while bringing in most of the income while always being there for her kids while still being soft spoken and kind. But really what amazes me is the way she raises her kids, my husband and siblings-in-law are all so amazing and really love yiddishkeit. I also really admire the way she davens. And how hard she works on her middos. She naturally has a very strong personality and very opinionated, which she uses to her benefit, running her own company and being strong for her kids when they need her. But at the same time, she is not critical, is not arrogant at all, non judgmental, and has that feminine softness and kindness. With her DILs she keeps her opinion to herself. She stands by her husband and lets him lead. And I can tell, because I know her very well, that these do not come as naturally to her. But she is so amazing, I’m in awe.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational