Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
S/o what do you like about chul 2 day yom tov?
Previous  1  2

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 8:56 am
True, however, if we are doing 2 days, we should be doing it bsimcha and enjoying it, not bemoaning it and having a negative attitude.
I will say, it's much easier to have a one day yom tov. We in chul get to work on our middos more.....

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:36 am
One more day a few times a year isn't so hard. The Pessach stuff is the same with or without. I love the singing and stories and stuff. What matters is where you are. In willy you'll feel yt. In a place you're called dossit no

STovah

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:40 am
Every night at the second Seder I comment about how wrong it feels to be doing it all over again. I do however enjoy the longer breaks from work and the extended family time.

Tao

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:41 am
BatZion wrote:
I'm gonna be the party pooper and point out that this is a slightly absurd way of looking at living outside of EY.
Jewish people are meant to be celebrating the yamim tovim in their most natural place (EY) surrounded by their brethren. Not still keeping two days outside of EY surrounded by non jews.
I know I'll get heat for this, but it was important for me to say it.
Please don't lose sight of the ideal situation. Whether you follow the shita that you should be here but feel like you can't or follow a shita that says the time is not now, please let's not turn b'diavad into lechatchila.
It's been almost 20 years celebrating yamim tovim in EY. There is NO comparison.

Agree 100%! Was having this discussion with someone. Truthfully, I love the second seder, since I am more well-rested. But when she said "Oh, it's much better our way"(meaning 2 nights), I had to correct her - actually, "our" way is not really the ideal. Really, we should be living in EY and doing one Seder. I imagine it's incredibly special in its own way, though I have never experienced it unfortunately. And it rubbed me the wrong way to hear someone saying that the way we chutzniks do it is "better". How can it be better than the real way?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 9:46 am
STovah wrote:
Every night at the second Seder I comment about how wrong it feels to be doing it all over again. I do however enjoy the longer breaks from work and the extended family time.

Im sure the pesach break in and out of israel are basically the same.
How many days off did your kids get?

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:16 am
STovah wrote:

Every second seder I say how nice it is.

Someone said it is wrong or not better. Someone is allowed to prefer one way or another. I like two days. Now three days gets long and long shabbes too. But daily life isn't a yt so you have to consider that.

Anyway 2 sedarim It's obviously better than
Not being relig
Not doing what Hashem plans for you which is being in chul at the moment, especially you've had discussions with your own posek
🤷‍♂️ Those should includes not only one less day but parnasa and integration...

Never thought THAT TOO was something resented against the chul. Making alia should be for 'more' mitzvos.

Probably end of the discussion for now on my end.

STovah

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 10:37 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sure the pesach break in and out of israel are basically the same.
How many days off did your kids get?

I can’t always take off from work for the entire chag, so exchanging a day of chol hamoed for a day where I can’t work = extended family time. The kids are home regardless.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics